Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

AUGUST FLIES from the bench

Great flies everyone! I have not been tying lately, usually get my tying done at night but recently i took my vice and lamp attachment on a plane, returned home and the lamp didn't work anymore, so replaced the bulb...Still no luck *sigh*...Probably need to buy a new lamp but i don't understand what happened to it???

Planettrout, that C Monster is kool, was just trout fishing with an emerging caddis that looked a bit like this fly, the fish loved it!

I tend to be partial to RC's and your's definitely is a sweet fly! Them "big nasties" ought to make some happy swappers and angry fishies!

Murray

I could see those being productive for Redfish, non-articulated

and some big nasties for a swap

dscn0228yv.jpg

-Mike

thanks man, I put a lot of effort into my flies, hopefully results to follow, hitting the flats today with friend, looks like the tide will push high enough

Ive not been able to tie for weeks, finally got a chance to hop on here today, and check my favorite thread: the monthly thread. Awesome to see such great ties and ideas! thanks for sharing your work everyone!

I figured I give this a try. Since starting back up on the tying bench, I've been spinning hair. I gave up on it when I tried before, because I didn't have all the information. The last time I tried this was before the internet was big.

Anyway, I've played around and done up a couple of small hair-bugs that are based on bass but small enough for large bream. There are a couple of bugs for big bass too, but I haven't fished them yet. The corks are the same size, so you can tell which two are the bream bugs and bass bugs.

UV2DB-1-.jpg

Diving BWO Egg Layer...La Fontaine/Variant - Daiichi 1560 #18, TMC 3761 #20 ...and SPIRIT RIVER UV 2 Fine & Dry BWO Dubbing...me likee...

PT/TB ;)

Stepping WAYYYYYY outside my usual.. I have been doing lots of "research" lately and decided to go for it. This is my VERY first go at "marrying" wings of any kind as well as my first go at a classic wet fly pattern. I spent some serious time on it which was actually very nice for a change. Im sure its not perfect but its a start..and just another realm of fly tying I can jump into.

1stattempt-1.jpg