Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Snook swap

I said earlier That I would Donate some of my shrimp. Well; just count me in. Need details of where to send them.

Thanks sir. Feel much more comfortable with being able to give some thing back.

Rich MC is looking after the flies.for me this time.

So.

Ditz and P.M. Beckett, you're both in.

Only one more spot to fill guys and gals.

Thanks everyone!

took my tinny out this morning for the first time in ages...

Decided to do a swim test for my pattern for this swap, as my primary target was barramundi today...

Instead I managed a couple of baby trpon in quick time before one of them decided they liked it more than me. Did get a barra a bit later, but on the ever reliable white clouser minnow, because I had only brought one of my marabou things for the trip.

Its a little worse for wear, but it catches fish B)

post-22241-0-21373200-1345957641_thumb.jpg

bought a new sinking shooting head ready for these flies. Hope to test their weedless credentials in my local kelp forest.

I recon I will do the craft fur shrimp with a weed guard. Guess I better get to tie'n.

Have a few of my flies done and was feeling good about them. I sat down tonight to tie a few more and for some reason the thought popped in my head that they were supposed to be weedless and I had screwed up....spent 2 hours trying to tie a weed guard in that I liked. Found plenty of methods and even a few that I liked and could tie. Problem was they didn't go well with my fly. After a few hours of grumbling and trying something "else", I re-read the swap description...S-N-O-O-K...S-W-A-P...that was it, no "weedless" any where in there...Was I imagining things?

Am I drunk?...

No

Stoned?....

NO

tired?....

THAT'S IT!!!

Good night folks!

Murray

Sorry Murray. That's hilarious!

No... Weedguards are entirely optional :R

Sleep well!

I thought weed guards were necessary as well.....oh well.

Any idea as to a due date right now?

Same here for some reason.

They're more than welcome. I tie a lot of mine with, because I fish amongst snags a lot. It'll be a good mix.

Sorry for confusion.

Let's make the due.date Friday 28th sept at rich's.

Still need one more to make it full.

I thought sure that the original post indicated fishing for snook in the snags and tree roots. I just went back and reviewed also and It does not say a word about that so I am confused. Makes no difference to me though. The flies that I have done so far have a wire weed guard. I only have 2 more to tie plus and extra for the fly seperater.

I have a question concerning these snook flies. I am used to the larger variety on the East Coast of Florida and I am tying my flies on 3/0 hooks. The West Coast beach snook are usually fished for with tiny white baits on MUCH smaller hooks ( #2-4 ) since they average 16-24 inches where as the East Coast surf snook average 10-18 pounds plus. Should there be a minimum hook size for this swap?

The guy who started this swap fishes for Baramundi and they get massive. Quite massive!