Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rainbowkiller

Pacific northwest salmon

Hello rainbowkiller, first off you should find some excellent fishing flies in the salmon and steelhead section here. Which fish in particular are you going to be targeting? I think small and sparse is a good starting point but are you fishing rivers?

These should give you an excellent idea besides browsing the database on this forum (which is awesome)...Have fun and let us know whats nibbling!

http://www.adiposflytying.com/freshwatersalmonflies.html

Hey all!

I'm fishing in puget sound in WA and was wondering what would be some great flies and what colors to use for this.

Thanks!

Rainbowkiller

I don't know about that fishery, but I would try asking at washingtonflyfishing.com

Very interesting, obviously some nice flashy saltwater type flies will be in order - think i have an image of some we use for pinks off the beach with a big 80ft cast and double hand retrieve, just little clouser/ charlie type things. I needed to trim them down a bit but here...

P6061583.jpg

For the coho, for some reason i have got them on blue and silver, my buddy will also throw a great big spinner/ spoon in a pure silver colour and the coho's tend to kill it nicely. But this is in the rivers.