Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

2005 warmwater resolutions

I'm going to go after some chain pickerel as they are the only Pike type species here. If the water warms up enough I am going to go cliff diving, swimming, then take a lawn chair sit it in the lake, grab a lot of cold ones and relax at least once this summer!

I'm hoping for a pure striper over 20lbs this year. Thirty pounds would be be a state record. I have taken wipers to 15 lbs, but a pure striper over 20 would be great. I fish in freshwater, for striper/wipers. A wiper over 20lbs would also be a state record. The weather disallowed almost any fishing for wipers for the last two year. I'm really Jones'n.... cry.gif

Going to see how many different fish I can catch on a flyrod here in east Tennessee. We have a variety of fish that will take a fly or popper. For those interested in flyfishing for carp, go to www.carpanglersgroup.com; this bunch has a section for flyfishing for carp. Also, book by Brad Befus is Carp on the Fly. Good fishing! tongue.gif

Tie more often.

Fish new waters.

Pike, tiger muskie, and pickerel would be nice to catch.

Spend some more quality time with family.

All of the above not necessarily in that order.

I really need to improve my casting technique so as when I throw those god awful pike flies that I don't wear myself out. My double haul needs improvement and I need greater consistency in my stroke. If that happens then I'm sure improved fishing will follow suit.

Try and catch a musky on a fly and on baitcasting gear in the same day (have done both, but not in the same day).

Also, fish my local river more. There's supposed to be some monster smallies, pike, musky in there that are just waiting for me wink.gif

-MuskyOnTheFly

I'm with skeet I'm going to try for as many species as possible on fly rod I would say a fly rod is all I'm going to use but I also love my ultra light spinning rod but in any matter I'll be using light line all year

Catch and keep as many of them big green slimy bass as I can, and plant them under the wife’s rose bushes

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif j_k.gif

OSD.