Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Thank You!!!

I just wanted to say how much I truly appreciate all of the members here that make this community possible. Next year will be 10 years for FTF and over the past year or so I have gradually seen the monthly posts counts decrease which has had me concerned. Things like Facebook, Twitter, etc has obviously taken a bite out of forum communities such as FTF.

With that said I have noticed you guys posting like crazy over the past several weeks and it looks like we are going to have more posts this month than what we have had during November in over 3 years!

I don't know if FTF will ever return to the glory days of having over 10,000 posts in a single month but it is good to see that we still have a great community with a lot of passionate members that still enjoy FTF to this day. I have seen so many forums/communities come and go over the years so I can't help but feeling proud of what WE have created here. You guys/gals are the best. Keep the posts coming, I'm excited about "tying season" here on FTF, it is the best time of year to be here.

Thanks for everything!

Will

Will,

Thank you for maintaining this awesome website! It has contributed to my tying and fishing abilities so much! Its the first thing i do when i wake up and the first thing i do before i go to sleep!

Evan

Congratulations on ten years Will. You guys have taken what used to be a solitary pursuit and opened it up to the world. One hell of an accomplishment. Hope the next ten years go as well. :)

Thank you! Without FTF I never would have met and fished with some great people. Also, I never would have created Guys, Flies & Pies without realizing through FTF that people get together to tie dead animal parts to hooks!

Will your the one that deserves the thanks without you and your passionate pursuit of the best we wouldn't have this great place we call home

I agree. Great job Will. This is a great site and I imagine we have just as many people participating as ever but there are so many other places on the internet they may not spend as much time-especially taking the time to actually make a post.

Dave

I agree. Great job Will. I have found my tying has improved since joining and I have looked at other sites before and since but they really are not a scratch on this one. I especially like the fact this site does not throw commercials at you. Yes there are site sponsors, but they don't dominate the page as with other sites.

Yep, If it wasn't for this place I would still be clueless. I was part of some forum like this back in the 90's. All I knew was a river runs through it and dry flies. After I found this place a few years ago I rekindled my interests in fly tying. I have learned the basics of fly tying and fishing. I love swimming wooley buggers in creeks and lakes now!

If I had not found this place 5-6 years ago I probably would have not continued with the tying. Thanks for a great resource and place to meet like minded folks Will

Murray

Will your the one that deserves the thanks without you and your passionate pursuit of the best we wouldn't have this great place we call home

Well said Riffle. It is true that without a determined and passionate host like yourself Will, the site would have not survived. You've got a good thing going here and a great membership and participants. As others, I've learned alot and made some good friends through correspondance.

Keep up the good work.

Kirk

10 years....God that makes me feel so old :blink: Seems like just yesterday it was pretty much just you, me, Hubbard, your pops and Dave Fix as the only ones on the site. Hard to believe that was 10 yrs ago.

I'm glad the forum picked up. I check it daily and more than once. My story is similar to the others because this place helped me get on the right track with tying. I still love it here!

Keep up the good work!

Perfectly said. I know I have learned alot of things here and have met some great people. And the opportunity to swap flies with people all over is great. Thank you

If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have found this site ... wait, that didn't come out right.

If it wasn't for you, Will, starting this site, I wouldn't have found ... wait ... Dag nabbit !!!

This is an awesome site and I am glad it's been here for 10 years waiting for me to find it this year. That's still not right, but it's as close as I think I can get.

Great site, great people, wonderful information ... and I can only hope I don't bring the property values down here ... too.