Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Salty Synthetic Swap

*stretch* ahh, now i can go back to my fancy feathers and floss...crazy synthetics, i didn't swear once, nor did my thread ever break.

Mine will be getting mailed out the first of next week, I slacked a little in getting the eyes attached hopefully everyone will enjoy

Glad to hear they everyone's are coming along!

Jam' i didnt expect synthetics to be tough when you have been posting some fancy schmancy salmon stuff! :lol:

Jam' i didnt expect synthetics to be tough when you have been posting some fancy schmancy salmon stuff! :lol:

I found synthetics tough just from using beautiful hackles and all that pretty highly mobile natural stuff. Handling EP fibers with no natural taper seemed a bland thing to do.

Synthetics however have a load of advantages in tying. You can trim the things, you can taper bunches of it, you can stack it, you can spin it, you can fold it, you can throw it in a brush, it will hold up to fish, it goes a lovely translucent in the water include just a few.

Quite easy to use and fun when mixing with epoxies and plastic eyes and the such.

I'd like to possibly use more synthetics in spey style flies, i know the EP anadromous brush is excellent for this application.

I found synthetics tough just from using beautiful hackles and all that pretty highly mobile natural stuff. Handling EP fibers with no natural taper seemed a bland thing to do.

Synthetics however have a load of advantages in tying. You can trim the things, you can taper bunches of it, you can stack it, you can spin it, you can fold it, you can throw it in a brush, it will hold up to fish, it goes a lovely translucent in the water include just a few.

Quite easy to use and fun when mixing with epoxies and plastic eyes and the such.

I'd like to possibly use more synthetics in spey style flies, i know the EP anadromous brush is excellent for this application.

This is very true.. never thought of it that way. Synthetic stuff is definitely versatile and holds up well but I do LOVE tying with some good hackle.. Oh decisions decisions us tyers must make.

Id be interested in seeing some spey style flies with the andromanous (sp?) brush. I dont think I have ever seen any.

Hey fellas...My flies are tied but the eyes have not yet been added. My wife has been having some issues and we have been called to the Cleveland clinic. We have just left the clinic and made a stop in Indiana with the folks for Christmas. As soon as we get home I will finish the flies and get them in the mail but alas it will be around the 1st of the year. I hope that is not a problem. If it is please proceed without me. Sorry for the problem.

...I will finish the flies and get them in the mail but alas it will be around the 1st of the year. I hope that is not a problem. If it is please proceed without me. Sorry for the problem.

I hope that isn't a problem. I'm not going to be able to start mine until the 1st of the year or probably shortly thereafter. I hope that isn't a problem.

Kirk

...I will finish the flies and get them in the mail but alas it will be around the 1st of the year. I hope that is not a problem. If it is please proceed without me. Sorry for the problem.

I hope that isn't a problem. I'm not going to be able to start mine until the 1st of the year or probably shortly thereafter. I hope that isn't a problem.

Kirk

The due date is there for a "target". Not real concerned about it. Its right around the holidays so if we need to push it back we will! No worries my friends.

Hahaha nice stack of fish haha

@Ben. Hopefully you can put those extras to use. How do you like the shrimp??

some sweet ties here! damn!

Chef, just holding onto mine, got a nasty flu and don't want to post you any nasties.