Fly Tying
benmz

Stonefly nymph

I'll give this a go. I am suggesting a stonefly nymph swap. Deadline is January 26th,2013. That means flies must be at my home by then, not in transit.!!! With so many different patterns for these big and medium bugs that fish great almost anywhere, lets see what people bring to the table. This will be my first time hosting so be easy on me. We'll take a group of 10 tyers, You will not get your own fly back. Any extras will be donated to the local TU chapter for kids camp in the summer. Since it's my first time as a SM, I'm sorry but I'm going to leave the internationals out, only US folks. I just don't have the time to do the customs paperwork this time around.

THIS SWAP IS FULL!!!!!!

SM -benmz Jumbo John -complete

1)riffleriversteelheadslayer woven stonefly brown -RECIEVED
2)zachxbass TBD- RECIEVED
3)Jimboha TBD -RECIEVED
4)Travis Bille Jimmy legs -RECIEVED
5)Bassbugn TBD -on thier way
6)avril TBD-RECIEVED
7)flytire brooks stonefly- RECIEVED
8)C Teeter TBD- RECIEVED
9)imx rubber legKaufman's -on their way
10)ristarwen - DROPPED OUT

Benmz was in a swap that I SM'ed several months ago, and co-swapper in a swap this is nearly finished. Could it be that he also completed another one or two that I don't know about? Or maybe you misinterpreted his "my fist time" to mean his first swap, when he meant first SM.

Benmz,

I might like to do this one, but let me check my patterns list to see what I can do.

Jimboha!

This will be my first time hosting so be easy on me.

have you cleared this swap with the administrators?

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=15836

just checking b4 i jump in

not to be a party pooper but you have to be in 3 swaps before you can host a swap

benmz appears to have been in 4 swaps so far.

I would like to join with a pattern TBD. This will be my first swap, so I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Travis, I live in Humboldt County, CA. I started fly fishing 3 years ago when I lived in New Mexico, then I moved to Washington, where I got really into it. I started tying semi-seriously in Washington too. A new job and a baby brought me to McKinleyville, CA, not far from the legendary Klamath and Trinity Rivers. With an 8 month old daughter, I don't get out to fish too much anymore, so I spend a good amount of time tying.

If you would like someone to vouch for fly swap reliability, you could check out washingtonflyfishing.com. In the fly tying section, there is a fly swap section, and I participated in the "Winter Lake Swap". My flies were the first of the group to arrive, so I'm on top of things and reliable.

Sorry for not stating things clearly. I've sent in flies for my fourth swap with time left to spare, hence 3.5 swaps completed. (Me and mini-me, mayfly dries, streamer and trout dry-fly) By first time, I meant hosting. I have sent in the relevant information to the admins. I'm also the swap co-ordinator for the local TU chapter. I promise not to run away with your flies. I have a 2 year old and have a long commute, so I may not be quick to respond to emails, but I will do my best. I realize stoneflies can take some time to tie and the holidays are among us, hence quite the timeline to get them done. Hopefully this answers any questions.

Now lets fill the list and get down to business, welcome Travis. Everyone else who asked is in. I look forward to seeing all of your patterns. Feel free to post pics of your bugs, it gets everyone involved more excited.

-Ben

benmz

thank you for clearing up the hosting situation and getting your swap cleared properly.

i'm in with a "brooks stonefly"

i'll jump in with a rubber legged kaufmanns stone

regards,

imx