Fly Tying
shoebop

Hex duns

Tied up some hex duns for a mayfly swap. Thought I'd post them here.post-35746-0-11124400-1354664301_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-94438500-1354664302_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-07584600-1354664304_thumb.jpg

OK I'll try...

hook-#10 Tiempco 1770 Swimming nymph

Thread- 140 denier UTC in olive

Tail- moose body hair

rib- UTC Ultra Wire in wine

Abdomen-mixture of rabbit (dyed rust) UV glo yarn and bright yellow SLF

Wings- dun colored hen

Hackle- grizzly and brown badger

Tied in that order

If you're lucky enough to have a hex hatch in your area these will do the trick!

P.S. You may adjust the dubbing color to suit. Just be sure to make it look a little blotchy. In other words, don't mix your colors too well. Oh yes...remember, you'll be fishing at night or at least in low light so make them bright!

Nice bugs! I do that alot with the body colors, naturals when there's more light and some bright greens like that for other times. I've found that the fish generally don't care about the color at night but I have had them get picky on the profile.

great looking Hexes shoe I love fishing the big bugs at night nothing like the feeling of almost losing your rod on an unexpected strike that you can't see I was just dangling my fly out over the water one time while lighting a cigarette back when I use to smoke and a rainbow 20" long jumped up and snatched it right out of mid air luckily my reel caught my arm or my rod would of been gone

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement! :) ;) This is probably my favorite pattern to tie and fish. It's easily seen even in low light and fun when a fish rises to take it. I give them a good soaking in a homemade floatant and let them dry before putting them in my box. Unless you want to fish ala Paul's method by dangling them :blink: that is a good idea. :rolleyes: