Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Just saying HI

Didn't see the usual intro Forum so I'll use the beginner forum to introduce myself. Since I am a beginner in fly tying I guess this is the right spot anyway. I am taking a good shot at reaching 69 soon so I've been around the fishing game for something like 65 years. I used to tie some flies back years ago, mostly poppers and steamers for bass. I did a lot of flyrodding for warmwater fish, and a lot of trout and steelheading over the years. Somehow, when I ended up in southern MN I got into bass fishing, followed by tournament fishing, and fly rods got stuck on the shelf somewhere. After I retired I decided I really missed it and have since gotten really serious into the bamboo game and returned to fly tying.

I tracked this forum down and followed it for awhile and realized there is a wealth of knowledge here, and a big bunch of experienced tyers willing to help us fumblehanded guys out. I want to get established enough to jump into the fly exchanges with some decent quality stuff since I have the time to do this but need to get myself enough posts and time here to do some of that. Like most tyers I've started with wooly buggers, and have progressed thru nymphs and streamers. Am currently working on dries and even have a few passable 22s and 24s that I hope to use in CO next year.

Anyway, hope to get to know some of you cyber friends and enjoy your help and encouragement when needed.

Nick

Nick, glad to see you getting back into something you like. There is a ton of information on this site and a lot of great people to help you with any problem that you may encounter. I was thinking just the opposite though....you have been around the fishing game for quite a while and most likely have a vast knowlegde that you could share with those that hasn't seen the water as much as you. We look forward to sharing and possibly picking your brain. Take Care, Tony

I have found nothing more encouraging than catching a fish on your own flies .... good to meet ya Nick, more of a salty guy here, but have tied some freshwater patterns. Give me a yell if ya have any questions

Hello Nick- anyone who has been around the block a few times like you is worth listening to. Don't be a stranger.