Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

I got my cape on Ebay from Estonia. No problems!

How much did they rape you for? I won one at auction and ended up paying $85 for a "c" grade cape. Did some investigation and found that those estonians had set up straw buyer accounts to jack up the price.

Ill be honest with you, I didnt pay much! I think like $20. I dont even think it was a graded cape, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality I received. I just looked at the buyer and you are right. WTF?? All of his capes are 60 and more. I call BULL SH$T! I was really riding on the fact that I'd be able to get another one for the same price.

Kevin send me back my flies so I can cut off the JC eyes tongue.png

vic you have absoloutely nothing to worry about my fies are always the ugliest flies in the bunch so you have nothing to fear The only reason they let me in to the swaps is to get a free hook after they razorblade my flies

Everyone is glad you buy nice hooks biggrin.png

riffleriversteelheadslayer, on 12 Feb 2013 - 05:29, said:snapback.png
vic you have absoloutely nothing to worry about my fies are always the ugliest flies in the bunch so you have nothing to fear The only reason they let me in to the swaps is to get a free hook after they razorblade my flies

Everyone is glad you buy nice hooks biggrin.png

I like it! lol

I was kind of curious about some of the recent ebay jungle cock I've seen, interesting observations. I've been burning through more of my JC lately since my Intruder tying picked up and have been thinking ahead a little. I've still got 3 fishing grade type capes left but I don't want to let it go too long..

I DON"T THINK SO Mr Riffle, Mine are the ugliest of the bunch, Just look at my hairdo!

hahaha funny story, a friend of mine spent hours tying up a bunch of glen grants, the one with the 3 pairs of JC to form a wing went fishing with another buddy and handed him one to tie on - he proceeded to cut off the other 2 pairs of JC and said 'you only need one pair' and proceeded to swing it. I don't think he gave him any more glen grants.

Hahah. I'd probably try drowning him or at least filling his waders with water.

**EDIT** Just looked up Glen Grant pattern. WOW. Very cool.

hahaha funny story, a friend of mine spent hours tying up a bunch of glen grants, the one with the 3 pairs of JC to form a wing went fishing with another buddy and handed him one to tie on - he proceeded to cut off the other 2 pairs of JC and said 'you only need one pair' and proceeded to swing it. I don't think he gave him any more glen grants.

The price of ones fly rod does not necessarily equate to ones intelligence. I'd have straight up slapped him, took the flies back and made him walk home!

I know mine are kind of an ungainly mess but I'm really trying. Truth is I shouldn't have got in this swap if I'd really understood. I know now I am doing a lot o extra effort doing these because I don't know what I'm doing. I actually took one out and thru it in the water and as horrible a job as it is...it does look good in the water. I think it will do a job on the big largemouths in our small local lakes. It's an attempt at a swinging hook behind a swivel (that doesn't swivel now) with 3 strands of braided superline, maribou, maribou, maribou, lady amherst cheeks, sparkles, herl. It's a LOT of work and doesn't begin to look as nice as the ones pictured.

I tried to post a pic but "this community doesn't allow that access" or something like that. No photobucket?

Im sure your flies will be fine. You never know, people might not like mine. Do what you can and they will work.

Kevin

show us a pic riff! The umm pattern variation :) tempted to give it a shot at some stage.

Two weeks left so I sent a pm to FlyFishin'Jam , sjo, flytyinfreak, hooked01, terrymiller1973,and boron11mx to see how things are going.

Kevin

UPDATE: Heard from riff , Hooked01, flytyinfreak and Boron11mx ......

Mine are in the mail and i am in hong kong now, wondering if Kevin can hold my return till about early April?