Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

I'll tell you what Kevin, I had a very distasteful situation happen on the forum earlier today, pretty much gave the forum a big adios. I will however do the spey swap and support you in any way I can, so when you post the spey swap hold a place for me, OK? My flies are going out tomorrow morning fed ex so expect them by the end of the week.

I'll tell you what Kevin, I had a very distasteful situation happen on the forum earlier today, pretty much gave the forum a big adios. I will however do the spey swap and support you in any way I can, so when you post the spey swap hold a place for me, OK? My flies are going out tomorrow morning fed ex so expect them by the end of the week.

Bro I hate to see you go so hang there. If I do it I will for sure keep a spot for you.

Kevin

Kevin.. Depends on timing for me! Im into the spey flies right now so its always an option! Couple comments/ideas though.. Keep the swap small. Spey's are expensive buggers. Blue Earred Pheasant (BEP) is basically $1 or more per hackle, hooks aren't cheap, and either is select bronze mallard.

Kevin.. Depends on timing for me! Im into the spey flies right now so its always an option! Couple comments/ideas though.. Keep the swap small. Spey's are expensive buggers. Blue Earred Pheasant (BEP) is basically $1 or more per hackle, hooks aren't cheap, and either is select bronze mallard.

Yes I am seeing that also. If it goes I'm thinking 6. You , me Ross and Scott to start, and see if Riff and Mike has time also. I wouls like to see someone new also.

Kevin

Is the spey swap going to be done with strict traditional spey or are we talkin' spey style? I don't do traditional closed wing spey, I can tye Dee style, but the traditional closed wing spey is out of my grasp. I gotta tell you Kev, traditional spey style flies are a pretty advanced level undertaking. I've been tying them for over a year now and am still trying to figure them out and get that wing "just right" I do spey spiders, marabou spey's and a few other styles, and I'm fine with it and have been told my flies do catch chrome, even if I don't when I use them. But that's another story, after all they don't call Steelhead that fish of a thousand casts for nothin'.

Ross I dont want to pin it to just one type. What im thinking is a spey style that way your open to what you like to tye. I also got another set in today from Hooked01. Another nice set of flies. I think everyone will like them.

As far as a spey swap I havent thought of a date yet. I want to give everyone time to get any materials they may need.

Kevin

ok, so my flies aren't shipping till Friday. :( As I was putting my hooks on them last night I noticed that I missed a step on one of them and will need to tie another tonight to replace it. I guess I have one more for my box to fish.

ok, so my flies aren't shipping till Friday. sad.png As I was putting my hooks on them last night I noticed that I missed a step on one of them and will need to tie another tonight to replace it. I guess I have one more for my box to fish.

It happens to me all the time. I will let you know when I get them.

Kevin

Yah, dont trip Lance, My wife has come down with the flu, So I got to drive my fishing rig which she has commandeered since winters first snow. I got in to go to work yesterday and guess what's sitting in the passenger seat? My flies! Seems the wife forgot to ship em out for me monday as her flu kicked in. Flies will go out Tomorrow Fed-Ex.

Yah, dont trip Lance, My wife has come down with the flu, So I got to drive my fishing rig which she has commandeered since winters first snow. I got in to go to work yesterday and guess what's sitting in the passenger seat? My flies! Seems the wife forgot to ship em out for me monday as her flu kicked in. Flies will go out Tomorrow Fed-Ex.

Ok Ross thanks for letting me know. We only have a few left to get.

Kevin

I got 2 more set in this week, Lance Kekel and flytyinfreak. Both are really great ties. I have one for sure on the way. When I get that on I will check again on the other one. We may be one short because of health problems.

Kevin