Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

Got mine Saturday! I too was under the impression that hooks were coming with! Oh well. It sounds like #2's are a pretty common hook.

All look great. Cant remember who made it but I was quite excited to get a chart/white squidtruder!

That would be from Phish. Its a great pattern. I posted a pic of mine. I bought hooks for mine but elected not to send them. We had problems with shipping weights.

Kevin

My set showed up today, and boy howdy am I impressed! What a great set of flies! Just wanted to tell you gentleman that my blue meany is loaded with UV material for low light conditions, either early in the morning or late in the evening. That fly pulls em up from the bottom and out from cover like crazy! just be patient you'll get a lot of slashes and rolls with it. What's really awesome is the variation in color scheme and size, from SJO's kick ass mintruder (probably one of the first that will see the water) to Kevins Dlicious Orange and black. Don't think because I didn't name A fly tht I think less of ANY of them. In fact I am going to display them at my tying station at the Eastern Idaho Fly tying Expo this weekend. Just think guys, your flies will get seen by guys like Al Ritt, Steve Fernandez, Scott Sanchez, Mike Lawson, Marty Howard, Poppy Cummins, etc etc . Don't freak out, just smile and walk away boys, smile and walk away..........

My set showed up today, and boy howdy am I impressed! What a great set of flies! Just wanted to tell you gentleman that my blue meany is loaded with UV material for low light conditions, either early in the morning or late in the evening. That fly pulls em up from the bottom and out from cover like crazy! just be patient you'll get a lot of slashes and rolls with it. What's really awesome is the variation in color scheme and size, from SJO's kick ass mintruder (probably one of the first that will see the water) to Kevins Dlicious Orange and black. Don't think because I didn't name A fly tht I think less of ANY of them. In fact I am going to display them at my tying station at the Eastern Idaho Fly tying Expo this weekend. Just think guys, your flies will get seen by guys like Al Ritt, Steve Fernandez, Scott Sanchez, Mike Lawson, Marty Howard, Poppy Cummins, etc etc . Don't freak out, just smile and walk away boys, smile and walk away..........

Thanks for joining Ross. I will be spending some time coping all of them. Let us know what the others think of them.

Kevin

Sweet, got mine today, will get them wet start of May when my river opens!

My flies are also in! Great ties! Thanks for hosting Kevin!

You should have seen the looky lou's at the East Idaho Fly Tying Expo! I was directly across from Poppy's Red Shed booth and there were tons of Steelhead guys pullin up chairs checkin out you guys flies, AWESOME!

Kevin thanks for hosting! I got them but been extremely busy and hardly have the time to catch up on these forums. All sweet ties!