Fly Tying
flytyinfreak

Salmonfly dry, June is right around the corner boys!

Ok here we go, been out of the loop but I figured If'n i was coming back I better go big or not at all! First for the disclaimer: What you are about to read may offend you, Its not vulgar nor foul mouthed. It is straight forward and in all seriousness the way I run my swaps. Some are offended by my direct nature, well bummer, Deal with it. I don't like candy dancin' around what needs to be said and don;t expect others to put up with it out of me. so with that:

Big flies catch big fish my friends, and the Salmonflies of the Pacific northwest are about as big and meaty as they come! Anybody who has experienced the hatch knows what I am talking about, I've been on the Henry's fork and heard one of these 6 legged buzzards comin' in on a Kamikaze run over 150 feet away, and the sight of thee bugs stood out like a fighter plane on a suicide run. The fish lose all sanity and become glutinous fiends I once watched a cutty shoot out from under a log to pounce on a fallen salmonfly turn to saunter back under his log , only to turn and attack my fly like a sailor on shore leave. When I finally landed this 18" fish besides the fly I removed this pig had the one in his mouth and 2 YES TWO other full grown Salmonflies still in his throat! His belly felt like he had a load of crayons in his gullet. below is a link to the nymph just to show the size of the bug

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/Pvd3sche/Pteronarcyscalifornica2.jpg

RULES: look at the name of my fly and you'll get the idea, nothing smaller than a 3x sz 4 ! Foam and synthetic or feather and fur, heck, whatever you want but make it big make and make it float! First 7 are in, due date will be April One and that ain't no joke! Lets start the New year off with big gnarly bang, This swap will be featured in my blog ( www.shouldbefishin.com when I write about the Salmonfly hatches of Eastern Idaho. Being that this swap IS going in my blog with full credit given to each and every tyer and the forum here, I expect tyes of quality, this ain't no beginners swap, so no half ass-ed attempts or crap will be accepted. Cherny's and such should be in variant form, please nothin plain and simple, NO GUIDE FLIES! The way I see it I tye with integrity and skill so expect others too also. All flies will be photographed in high def beauty shots, so make em purdy people! as Mill's Lane sez, " Lets get it on!"

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED!!!

1. Flytyinfreak The big nasty.

2. Piker20 The Goldenrod

3. FishingBobNelson Dark Stone Wet size 4.

4. Gpd4 Somethin big and beefy

5. Jimboha! Hair Wing Tripledecker

6. Eastern fly Whatever he darn well pleases!

7. riffleriversteelheadslayer something cool

8. Jaydub rogue-ish stone

folk are probably recovering from the excesses of the season. Give it a bit. I'm all tied up so if you get the others then I'm good to go.

Freak, Where you been. That move to Idaho must have been keeping you busy. I just noticed this swap today and I'll tie you some big bugs. I have some old Poly Rosborough patterns, will pick one and let you know. Good to see you back on the forum.cool.png

Freak, Where you been. That move to Idaho must have been keeping you busy. I just noticed this swap today and I'll tie you some big bugs. I have some old Poly Rosborough patterns, will pick one and let you know. Good to see you back on the forum.cool.png

Right on! Glad to have you on board Bob, and with one of Polly's patterns no less. He's a legend in my book, a PNW demigod of tying and fishing. awesome.

I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin'! Fishing Bob nelson has lit a fire underneath me!

OK, I'm IN!

Pattern TBD. But you can you pencil me in for a Hair Wing Tripledecker (foam) (in at least 4, 3XL). I'm sure I'd have time to get supplies I might not already have, but I want to check first. This one has suddenly caught my interest! Or maybe the Poly Rosborough's Dark Stone to go along with Bob's. But something BIG and TASTY, for sure.

I will choose the pattern for certain in a few days.

Jimboha!

Glad to have you guys in! Its nice that you aren't intimidated by my hogwash and feel up to the task of putting together a great set of flies.

Glad to have you guys in! Its nice that you aren't intimidated by my hogwash and feel up to the task of putting together a great set of flies.

Yep, as long as you keep that 'hogwash' on the eastern side of the state, we should be fine! :lol

Jimboha!

Meridian (Boise)