Fly Tying
flytyinfreak

Salmonfly dry, June is right around the corner boys!

I will divulge no fly before its time,
Need your new address, flies are ready to travel. cool.png

It appears that Bob, on the other hand, has no problem revealing his pattern months before the rest of us...hypocrite.gif

You go, Bob! When you deliver flies as well-tied as yours, you can be early. It's OK, I always like to get your flies.

Jimboha!

I wait with baited breath. Oops, wait, we aren't bait-fisherman... :-}

You got photo?

Jimboha!

THe old timers up here actually use a butterfly net on the hatch when it hits down rivr and when they get a jelly jar full they burn rubber to get above the hatch and actually throw em with a sinker to big HUGE trout. I've been tempted, watched a guy pull a 7-10 pounder out of the river 2 years ago

I wait with baited breath. Oops, wait, we aren't bait-fisherman... :-}

You got photo?

Jimboha!

THe old timers up here actually use a butterfly net on the hatch when it hits down rivr and when they get a jelly jar full they burn rubber to get above the hatch and actually throw em with a sinker to big HUGE trout. I've been tempted, watched a guy pull a 7-10 pounder out of the river 2 years ago

Haha, not just the old-timers. I was up on an alpine lake north of McCall when there was a damsel fly hatch. Caught them with my fishing net, stripped a fly of a hook, hooked on the damsel, and tossed them out. Lot's of fish! Now I tie a damsel fly pattern and carry it with, but no hatch.

Hey, WAS fly fishing...

Jim

I got a little vise time this afternoon and came up with a pattern. It's on a #2 Dai-Riki 700, so I think it meets the size requirement. It feels kind of odd, though since the last several times I've tied anything it's been on #22s and #24s.

Anyway...the Stimul-Ogre

8104E9AB-6C49-43C8-9D8D-9EBD9F95F09B-690

They're tagged and bagged. I'm waiting on inbound mail but will be at the Post Office this week to get them out to you. If anyone drops or no-shows, please keep the extras. I threw in a couple of poppers for you as well. Please let me know how they work for you if you ever get to any warm water.

Thanks for hosting -