5/0

bucktail

hackle (grizzly and black on top)

flash

reverse bucktail

hackle (short grizzly and black on top)

marabou

spun deer belly- trimmed and coated with Clear Cure Goo to make a hard disc

That sounds like a good idea, I need to work on casting these big flies before I go out in public though.

Thanks for the material list, lots of new things to try. I like the tube between the hooks.

@Jam, we may just have to make that happen!!

Here's a couple from tonight

SAM_0624_zps78c1b125.jpg

An attempt at a thunder creek style streamer like I got as an extra in from the salty synthetic swap

SAM_0638_zps66fda42f.jpg

12in to match socked rainbows in cloudy water

_DSC9839_zps685b74be.jpg

I'm loving that head profile, sure it moves a ton of water. All around a killer pattern.

Experimenting with detached bodys and deer hair wings. So far tying the body hasnt been to hard, and the deer hair splays perfectly for the shape of mayfly wing.

DENDvBf.jpg

That looks great DryFlys4Life!!!

I am thinking of trying to tie some extended bodies and I am wondering what your technique is?

What a meaty fly! Hahaha poor rolsen.

This is for Chefben - the hook is one of those size 8 Mustad #C47SD Saltwater Shrimp, then you put some little beadchain on, cover body also with wraps of 0.015 leadfree wire or a couple of strips of 0.020 on shank, attach a mouth part like rabbit fur or finn raccon, little burnt mono eyes, some feelers. Then attach micro crystal chenille or 'crystal hackle', wind back to the bead chain and then trim the top and sides so you are just left with 'legs', then attach a small wing of EP fiber and trim to shape. smile.png

Here is a quick darker one, need some very light tan crystal hackle i think, even clear if that is possible - but the pic shows body and wing. i tie quite far into the bend of the shrimp hook. (should show the tying).

P1162070_zps9416c930.jpg

Ahh got it now. You da man! I just got a new bug luggage bonefish box I am working on filling up and this will help! I got an idea.. lets plan a fly tying forum trip to the Bahama's in 2014!! One can dream right! Bonefish is number 2 on my list currently with Tarpon holding down the top spot.

I may tie up a streamer brush to replicate this fly, will keep you posted, SO

Experimenting with detached bodys and deer hair wings. So far tying the body hasnt been to hard, and the deer hair splays perfectly for the shape of mayfly wing.

DENDvBf.jpg

That's a beauty. Are you using deer hair to form the tail, and basically wrapping over it and dubbing over it? Bigger question, hand wrapped or did you use a form to build the extended body? I'm a sucker for extended bodies, but have only used foam for them... love the look of your fly!