Fly Tying
SILKHDH

Is there anyone here from Kansas?

Hey,

Just wanted to know if anyone out there is in Kansas.

I live in Mcpherson and would enjoy meeting some new friends with the same fly fishing and tying interest that I have. I mainly do warm water fly fishing but do as much trout fishing as I can. That depends on the season here of course. Well, and the ice.

jdecoudres,

Have you ever been to Flat Land Fly Fishers in Wichita. IS a club they have. I went once and it was cool but I just couldn't drive 60 miles every time to the meetings. Also, on Washington street in Wichita there is a place called Zeiners. They have tying stuff and I hear they have a fly tying night. You can just show up and tie and talk. I've never gone but it sounds fun to me. Buy the way, Im 51 years old as of yesterday and I fish alot. How about you?

P.s. I may be 50 but I still rock on the guitar and mountain bike.

I'm in Wichita. Check out Ark River Anglers. It's a cool fly shop on south Rock Road. The owner is a bit of a "know it all", but I think he means well. A young guy named Shawn that works there helped my casting. Change that, he taught me to cast! I'd call what I was doing before stylish flinging!

HOYT ARCHERY,

Yes, I know of Ark River Quite well. I actually do a little buisness with the owner.

His name is Song Benlong. I dont know if I spelled it right though. lol. Any of you fly tyers that want to swap phone numbers, I would enjoy talking to you and maybe even getting together to fish or tie some flies up. Im (620) 755-7665

Im 31 almost 32 and I am fairly new to the fly tying and and fly fishing. I only been doing it for 2 or 3 years. My parents have a house on the lake at branson so i fish tanneycomo quit often. I still need some learning experiance as everything I know i basically learned on my own. I have also heard of both of those places and been to both. ark river is the best in my opion but I think they are also a little high on prices.

jdecoudres,,,,,Your parents have a house on Table Rock??? Nice to meet you.. Ol buddy, OL pal,,,,,,,,,,When we going...I'de love to meet your parents,,,, LOL... Have you or anyone here ever fished at Kingman state lake??? ,, SUPPOSE TO HAVE PIKE...I'm looking for someone with knowledge about that lake..

I'm new to this site and while I'm not FROM Kansas, I do make it out to the Hays/Ellis area every once in a while. Cedar Bluff becomes my go to place when I'm there.