Fly Tying
Ebrant10

Smallmouth swap

Michael, you put your flies in a container (altoids tins work great) and attach a slip of paper to each fly with your username written on it. Send them to me (I will PM you my address whenever you are finished) I just get a medium sized yellow envelope to send them in, 5 stamps generally will cover postage but you also need to send in your envelope another envelope with your address on it and enough postage to return it or enough cash to cover postage. You can also take them to your post office and have them take care of the packaging and postage, that's up to you. I'm not sure what you mean by adding a receipt? If you have any other questions let me know. Pictures are up to you I'm going to take pictures of every fly once they come in but if you want to by all means feel free to!

Patrick: your flies came in on Friday Great Work! These babies look like real fish catchers!

Thanks! I appreciate that and thanks for letting me into this swap. I'm really looking forward to receiving the new flies.

You tie 11 total flies eandlfishing you dont get your own back. Patrick3885, you send the flies to me once you finish all of them, you tie 11 total. Once you finish your flies let me know and I will pm you my address. They will be due March 20th. Evan[/quote)

Would we not be doing ten, every one but yourself. Just wondering?

<br /><br />
<br /><br />

You tie 11 total flies eandlfishing you dont get your own back. Patrick3885, you send the flies to me once you finish all of them, you tie 11 total. Once you finish your flies let me know and I will pm you my address. They will be due March 20th. Evan[/quote)<br /><br />

<br /><br />

<br /><br />

Would we not be doing ten, every one but yourself. Just wondering?

<br />

<br />

No, if you count there are 11 swappers and me thats 12 total participants. :) meaning you tie for everyone but yourself.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I did a little beadhead mottlebou streamer that has been pretty productive for me on smallies locally. It has a fly propeller at the front. If you haven't fished one of these, just know they are sort of fragile and often get bent backwards on the take. But you can just bend them back into position so that they rotate again when you swing them. Even if they eventually break off I find the fly productive to dead drift it to holes then strip it back. Hope you guys like it as much as I do.

Just to let ya' know, mine went out today. I know how it can get frustrating. I'm doing a swap on another board of 2 flies each between 6 people. Deadline tomorrow. Have had mine and everyone else's for well over a week early. Waiting on one guy and he was the most excited to do this and couldn't wait to see the exchange. He did respond to mail and said he'd definitely have them here on time so we'll see.

Edit to add I did as good a job as I could on a smaller version of Lefty's Deceiver that I think should be really good for the shad lakes we have around here. Looking forward to using it for the wipers in Foss Reservoir, if there's any water left. I also threw in a small bonus that I'll admit was mainly a way to pass out a type of fly I'm working on getting down good. Hopefully it'll be used since a friend who uses a nicer version of that tie does good on running water and on big 'gills with the same general pattern.

Evan, could you maybe update the 1st page with the flies received? Not that I don't trust the PO, I've had very good luck with them over the years, as have most, but it would just be nice to know they got there safely.

Thanx, Nick

Sorry I haven't kept this up everyone, the first post is updated with what I have so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest! Just under a month left.

Evan