Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Henning Sæbø

BASICS of fly photography. For starters. 1080 Movie.

Very nice video, thank you for posting this.

I have a Nikon P500 myself, while it is not a DSLR from what I understand from my research it is a very versatile and high quality camera this is a step below a DSLR as far as photography goes. The gentleman at Black`s described it as it would do everything that I as a hobbyist would want to use it for, but a professional photographer would feel very limited. With a $400-500 price range when I first purchased it this is easily the most expensive camera I have ever bought. The thought of putting thousands of dollars into a camera to take pictures of nature, mushrooms, fish I have caught etc just does not compute with my financial situation (sadly lol).

I will be sure to try to set my camera to the settings you have indicated and see what I can come up with. I will post the pictures here and let you know how things went. Thanks again for taking the time to make this video.

Very nice video, thank you for posting this.

I have a Nikon P500 myself, while it is not a DSLR from what I understand from my research

From my old days of shooting with a film SLR ... the acronym stood for Single Lens Reflex ... and was a fancy way of saying, "What the lens sees, you see." It used a swinging mechanism to swing the prism out of the way for the picture, after the photographer pushed the button.

While you might not have a prism that swings out of the way, if you are looking through the lens, it's basically SLR style. If you are looking through a window, separate from the lens, it's not. Since most digital cameras show a digital image of what the lens sees ... it's as good as any SLR ever was.