Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GG34

GCO Hooks?

I have used hundreds of these hooks.Never bent one tying,haven't broken any fishing.I finally found 1 hook with a bad eye.I say thats a great track record. I have bought several other products from Will & co and have come to expect top quality products at great prices.Thanks guys.

I just got my second order of them yesterday. I like them. There was only one hook in the bunch that had a manufacturing flaw and they are very sharp! I will order more in the future. I hope Will expands his inventory to include more styles and sizes.

I ordered 7 packs from them last Wednesday and haven't heard back from them, other than the initial order confirmation. Usually, things I order online are shipped (or at least processed) in a day or 2 or 3. I sent them an email last night asking for a status update and still have not heard back from them yet.

Flyandice, I wouldn't worry. I assume they have lots of orders coming in right now are a pretty busy.

I placed an order recently too and have been trying to contact them about an error in the order. I'm not too worried, the mistake was just the wrong size hooks. I'm hoping that someone sees my multiple emails and fixes it for me before it gets shipped.

ya dont worry. that is my only issue with the company. their products are great and there prices cannot be beat but they don't provide any tracking information on your orders. mine took 7 business days to arrive but the important thing is that they got here and they are great hooks. but yes... some work on their tracking of shipments needs to be done

They contacted me after a couple of days. The guy said that it is his part-time business, and with the special offer he got inundated with orders and is a little behind. That's fine with me, no problem.

I'd also like to see more hook sizes as well. Maybe in the future as he gets a handle on thing and grows his business..

My order was apparently shipped recently. I'm still hoping they fixed the order before it went out, although all the order info still lists the wrong size on one of the hooks, so I'm guessing it went out without the correction. I sent 3 emails and used the contact us online form and never heard anything. I wish there was an easier way to communicate after placing an order. Right now there doesn't seem to be any way to alter or cancel an order once it's placed. Not a big deal. I'm sure I'll find a way to use the hooks I'm likely getting.

Got my order in today, it took 5 business days to reach me in Canada which is record time for any package coming from the U.S. As always I am impressed with the quality and service from GCO, they have a loyal customer here.

You guys getting your orders must be lucky. I placed my order on the 19th of February. I have since emailed, wondering what is going, if there is a problem, I get no response.. It has been "in process" since I placed my order.

My card was charged immediately. Two days ago, I received a credit to my card for a small amount. When checking again online, now it seems they don't have a couple of packages I ordered.

Is this normal practice for this company?

I haven't received my order as yet either. It was placed back on 2/20. I did get a message that it was shipped. Hope it arrives soon, I had wanted to get some flies into the boxes for a trip.

For you folks who have recently gotten your order, was it shipped via the US Mail? Perhaps the recent budget cuts are having some side affects for the USPS!

This is my 4th or 5th order from GCO...not sure which but each time I have gotten my package within 10 business days which is very normal with mail from U.S to Canada. All packages have been sent via USPS.

Dusty: I would assume that with the increase in order volume from the discounted hook promotion perhaps some of the hooks that you ordered went out of stock before your order was filled...it happens. As a small business owner myself I know that getting orders out in a timely fashion is critical but sometimes life happens. When you work a 9-5 (or 7:30am-7:30pm in my case) outside of your business, have a wife and kids etc filling large volumes of orders can take some time.

I am however confident with the fact that everyone will get there hooks, everyone will be pleased, and any hiccups will be fixed by GCO along the way, sometimes there are bumps in every road.