Fly Tying
FishDragon

March Flies from the Vice

First time tying sculpins with these "sculpin helemts" hope they work well cause ive fallen in love tying with them.

Evan

I know what you mean, Evan; I tied the Sculpin Bugger last week and those helmets work great!

MUSKY MUSKY MUSKY!! These are headed to a local shop. Perch pattern around 12"

Those are awesome!!

Thanks!

Dang those pike flies are huge.

Nice color combo and tied very nicely

Thanks! Was going for a freshwater perch color combo and I am pretty happy with how they turned out.!

A shrimp pattern I have been working on and improving.

imgp1443q.jpg

That look quite nice. I've been looking for something like that for the surf down here in Florida. That looks like I could make something similar on a #2 or #1. What do you use for the "shell?"

Another no name spey. Black bear green butt was the inspiration.

imgp1472u.jpg

SaltyFly125, first off welcome to the forum. Great resource for tyers and fisherman alike. As for your question I used flyspeck thinskin for the shell back (I haven't seen it for sale in a while). That is tied on a size 4 nymph hook and it is quite long with the feelers and legs, around 2 1/2 inches long.

Striper season is coming.

Our season is so close; thanks for reminding me. What materials are you using in this pattern?

Thanks,

TC

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tctrout" data-cid="542886" data-time="1363228571"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Scud" data-cid="542861" data-time="1363215599"><p>Striper season is coming.</p></blockquote>

Our season is so close; thanks for reminding me. What materials are you using in this pattern?<br />

<br />

Thanks,<br />

<br />

TC</p></blockquote>

Its called farrar blend. Its great stuff. Ties in nice and trims nice to shape. There are a few step by steps I can send you a link to if you want.