Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

guides on the space coast

I am going to be in Fla from feb 13 -20th and am looking for a guide to go out on the water in the space coast area does anyone know of a good guide that you would recomend

I have fished the Banana River, Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon with John Kumiski out of Titusville and highly recomment him. You can also get some others guides names in that area from www.camirl.com

Be sure and let us know how you do.

Looking for some leader info, found in the Feb 2004 Fly Fisherman Mag. Page 38 There is an article called Fly Fishing Florida's Space Coast. If you have not read it Cap. John Kumiski is "The Man". If you can read this article you will get tips and a few productive patterns.

The Space Coast Office of Tourism (800.USA.1969, www.spacecoast.com)

Guides: Rob Blake, (312) 633-0923, www.redfishonfly.com

John Kumiski, (407) 977-5207, www.spottedtail.com

John Turcot,(312) 267-9818

The place to eat seafood is Dixie Crossroads on Garden Street in Titusville.

pm me if you dont have a copy of that mag and need the patterns recomend. headbang.gif

Troutbum

I went with your recomendation. I booked john for thursday the 16th. When I get back I ll be sure to let you all know how I make out. I just hope that the weather stays decent. The last three times that I have gone to Fla the cold followed me down there. The forcast looks ok though for now so weel see...............

thanks for all of the suggestions guys

Good luck, I know John will get you on some fish. He busted his tail for me on my trip with him. I think a pic of me is still on his web site with a big Redfish in hand.

Here it is:

user posted image

Hi

You could try Captain Nick Sassic or Captain Brad Stine or call The Fly Fisherman in Titusville and talk to Chris Barco he can help you out as well.

Tight Lines

Mark Sokolowski

www.fishingpoleguidinginc.com