Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BrookTroutAngler

Fly Tying Video- Mini-Hopper

Made my first fly tying video for my blog the other day- its mediocre, a long way from perfect, but decent enough I thought I would share it here. Pattern is the AZ Wanderings Mini Hopper, one of my favorite flies for trout in small streams and bluegill. It's even caught a few bruisers for me on the San Juan, so it's a versatile fly.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone might be interested in tying this pattern.

That's a neat little hopper. I've not been inclined to tie hoppers, preferring popper bodies ... but I think you might have changed my mind.

One question about the video. Were is the end of it?huh.png You just finished dubbing the bodies and were about to add the elk hair when it was over. IS it just me or is anyone else noticing this.

Good job with the vid! Very nice for your first one. And, that pattern is cool. I usually do a dear hair bullet head w/a very similar pattern, but I'm going to give this a try asap. Thanks for the post.

bta,

i have the one you sent to the beginners swap ( i think it is a 14 ) but it has not got wet yet.

great video, will try this one soon.

craig

Very nice video Colton. I like your Blog also, very good introduction of yourself and your passions. You seem to have a good attitude and approach toward both tying and fishing. Keep up the great work!

Yep, I will be tying a few of these, to go with the one from the swap

Tried to follow you, but it wouldn't let me ... I am trying to keep up my blog a little better this year

Made my first fly tying video for my blog the other day- its mediocre, a long way from perfect, but decent enough I thought I would share it here. Pattern is the AZ Wanderings Mini Hopper, one of my favorite flies for trout in small streams and bluegill. It's even caught a few bruisers for me on the San Juan, so it's a versatile fly.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone might be interested in tying this pattern.

Excellent first video, Colton; thanks for sharing, and hope to see more in the future.