Fly Tying

Just wondering how to keep air bubbles from forming under the heads I am trying to cure? Have only tried 2 flies but it happened on both. Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated.

maybee you could heat it slightly to get the bubbles to pop, or try applying it in thinner coats, im just going off of experience with epoxy

never had air bubbles using any of the goos.

are you stirring it?

it is not an epoxy that needs stirring. just apply a small amount, move the blob with a bodkin if needed or rotate the fly for coverage and hit it with the light.

if you are using head cement, make sure it dry first.

My resin system comes with a brush so maybe brushing on CCG will help you. Kirk Dietrick of this BB sent me this photo of a fly he just tied using my Silver Creek UV Resin.

DSC_0143-5_zpsdb9d4e96.jpg

I don't know how you are applying the CCG, but it sounds as though that is where the problems lays. The more you mess with it, the more likely you are to introduce bubbles. Just dab some on. And don't keep dabbing it. Use gravity to get the goo to the shape or place you want it.

I was using the smallest tube possible with thin CCG and had issues, but I fixed them by VERY CAREFULLY heating the uncured goo with a lighter. Very little heat does the trick. I'm sure a blow dryer would do it too. I have since switched to a larger tube with no issues.

You might also need to thin it, or use thinner goo, getting it to penetrate rather than lie on top of the materials.

Ccg is clear cure goo. I got the starter kit with a thick and a thin in a syringe style applicator. I don't really mess with the goo to much once on the fly. I will definitely try some of these methods used above. Thanks for all the advice. I will let you know how they turn out.