Fly Tying
professori

Tie what you can with this

From the Liquid Lace web site: http://www.uniqueflyfishing.com/

"After purchasing Liquid Lace, take it to a pharmacy and ask for a 27g 1/2" long needle, 29g for micro lace, 3 ml syringe and also purchase some baby or mineral oil. Fill the syringe with oil, insert the needle in one end of the lace and inject the oil until it comes out the other end. Tie or clamp one end off and now you are ready to start tying."

My Liquid Lace arrived. According to their web site I am supposed to get a syringe and fill the tube with mineral oil. I took the instructions to the drug store and asked for the size needle and syringe indicated. The druggest told me I couldn't buy one without a Rx. I really don't want to pay for a DR. visit just to tie some flies. So my question is this; do I have to fill it with oil to be compliant with the swap rules?

The druggest told me I couldn't buy one without a Rx.

That's an attempt to keep IV drug abuse down. One that has almost zero effect on actual drug abuse rates. Varies from state to state. The ones that actually read scientific studies have free needle programs since it lowers IV infection rates.

Some woodworking stores have them for injecting glue into joints.... but...

The easiest way is find a friend that works in medicine. There is always stuff being thrown out because of past due dates. I used to take alot of the out of date stuff and donate it to teaching facilities for students to practice with instead of just junking it.

Just go to a different drug store. I bet you will find someone to give/sell you a needle. Seems to work for all the crackheads....

-Forrest

I bought syringes and needles from several pharmacists when I was living in Indiana. After I explained why I wanted them he/she had me put my signature in their logbook- same as when you buy medicine with a prescription. Bob- either 1) your pharmacist is trying to throw his weight around or 2) you have the appearance of a desperate heroin junkie.

liquid lace can be used with or with out oil. I prefer it with oil because it gives it extra depth. if you know a diabetic, you should be able to get them to give you one of theirs. I just went into the pharmacy, told them what I needed them for and they sold me a 10 pack for something like $2.50.

I bought syringes and needles from several pharmacists when I was living in Indiana. After I explained why I wanted them he/she had me put my signature in their logbook- same as when you buy medicine with a prescription. Bob- either 1) your pharmacist is trying to throw his weight around or 2) you have the appearance of a desperate heroin junkie. [/quote

Sometimes they are just trying to cover their own butts, but they probably hear all sorts of stories. My dad is a diabetic so I have plenty of syrenges here. No need to go but any.

Just an FYI; California law criminalizes possession of syringes without a prescription. We no longer have log books in California. I did manage to get one from a diabetic friend so thanks for all the information.

I FINALLY GOT MY MATERIALS !!! haha, I will be figuring out my extra material within the next day and shooting it over to ya