Fly Tying
professori

Tie what you can with this

I was deficient in the same materials as Rockworm. I just hit three shops in town and no amber liquid lace (or any hollow tubing) to be found. Picked up a spool of amber D-rib in the hopes that the swappers will allow it. I think it looks pretty much the same for what I intend to do with it. Going out of town this weekend, if I'm by any more shops I'll be sure to stop in.

Looks like I need to get enough Amber Liquid Lace and Rusty Brown Ice Dubbing to tye a dozen or so flies. If you have either of these and would like to trade, drop me a PM. I think I have all the other materials (ie: the Grey Antron, Grizzly Hackle, PT) if you are in need of these.

Any sort of hook restrictions ?? I only ask because I am in saltwater and I don't want to tie up some monster pattern no one would use ...

I would like to be in on this one. At the moment I have all the materials mentioned except the amber liquid lace. I have tan liquid lace, brown larva lace and yellow v-rib, but nothing amber.

Any sort of hook restrictions ?? I only ask because I am in saltwater and I don't want to tie up some monster pattern no one would use ...

Hook is your choice...Does this mean your in??

I would like to be in on this one. At the moment I have all the materials mentioned except the amber liquid lace. I have tan liquid lace, brown larva lace and yellow v-rib, but nothing amber.

I just looked at my stock. I called for amber because that's the colour I saw hanging on my pegboard. There is no "amber" as a colour, the one I have is pumpkinseed, but tan will work as well. If you can't find it in your local shop, it is available here:

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/item/SM-750204-0000

Count me in, just have to find the materials as I only have 3 of them ....

This should be interesting

Also I have a material called Shuck Yarn, it is VERY similar to Antron, can I use this in place of the Antron. I can take pictures if it is necessary. It is a product from Fly Tyers Dungeon

I am taking a less rigid stance. I have altered the original post to read "reasonable substitutions will be allowed".

Haha, I won't ask to many more questions haha, I am sure that I will get close to what you have provided as options. Last question is lead eyes considered an extra material, also would mono eyes be considered a material ??? I don't want to make it difficult but lead eyes or bead chain and mono eyes are just a given in most salt water patterns.