Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Excessive..Nah!

This is what I call a 2 beer fly. Took forever! I have no idea what this thing is going to do. It was mostly me taking two staple patterns I sell and putting them together. I plan on giving it a whirl on the full sink line. This weekend Im going to make some "divers" by reversing the head so Ill be able to try that out.

SAM_1357_zps9263754c.jpg

SAM_1359_zps35b308c5.jpg

SAM_1361_zpsa82bfe9b.jpg

Excessive...Hell yeah! But practical for the fish you're throwing for.

Nice looking!

When you reverse it to dive, you might have to knock a little off of that bump (doesn't have to be as drastic as a Dahlberg is trimmed, just reduce some of the floatation and create a little slope) or you may wound up with a slider it the front rides to high but that would be ideal for fishing on a sink tip.

Kirk

Excessive...Hell yeah! But practical for the fish you're throwing for.

Nice looking!

When you reverse it to dive, you might have to knock a little off of that bump (doesn't have to be as drastic as a Dahlberg is trimmed, just reduce some of the floatation and create a little slope) or you may wound up with a slider it the front rides to high but that would be ideal for fishing on a sink tip.

Kirk

Slider would be a more appropriate term Kirk! You are correct for an actual diver I would have to alter its shape!

The musky here in Minnesota wouldnt hesitate at all in tearing that up..

If there are Musky around they will tear it up no doubt!

A guide in VA actually is buying quite a few of them. Hoping to get some pictures this year of caught fish on flies I sell!