Fly Tying
Travis Bille

Pet Hair Swap

Okay, I got Riffle and Nate's flies. These are looking amazing! This has turned out better than I ever could have imagined!

You must be referring to Riff's flies. Mine are crosseyed and have mange...

I could not get her curly hair to straighten out well. I spent alot of time with the blow drier on them, at some point I just said "they'll look fine when wet" and called it quits.

mine will make for a great hook once you take the razorblade to it

I always try to enter swaps that you're in because of the quality of the hooks.

I could have sworn that you sent me a PM with the address but i can't find it. PLEASE PM the addy again.

I setteled on a stone-fly nymph like tie...It has been MADDENING trying to get the snake skin incorporated. The caudal scales are going in for the 3 wing buds but it is SOOOO darn delicate that it takes 4-6 tries to get each one to fold over with-out tearing, them, then i have to cement it and allow to completely dry before going to the next pair of legs and wing bud...It took me over a week working 2-3 hours each night just to make the legs. I think i bit off more than i can chew with this pattern. I hope some-one at least likes them a little. I don't think i will ever try this pattern again...If i do i will use swiss-straw instead of shed snake skin. There is no way to get 2 to look alike. Too many minute details change each one i tie...

Please let me know when you get them. They should be there by Satuday. I tried to take a picture of a couple of them but my camera stinks. If you can post pics it would be great. Thank-you for hosting...i hope i wasn't too much of a pain.

I will let you know asap. I'm heading out of town tomorrow so I might not get them until Monday, so don't fret if you don't hear anything

Got Dr vette's flies today! So far I think they are the most creative flies I've seen thus far. You guys will like them. He also sent some supplies in case someone wants to try to tie them for themselves. If you want some of these, let me know

Page one shows two tiers not received yet. What's the status? Two months is the lonnnnngest swap I've done yet.rolleyes.gif Do they need more time?

You'll have to ask them. They're still within the due date.

And speaking of due dates, due to a death in the family I'll be spending this next week in Wisconsin. So the flies may go out late. For those of you who haven't shipped yet my address is

Travis Bille

1355 flamingo ct unit a

Mckinleyville, CA 95519

I hope all goes well for you Travis. I know how hard times like that get.

I only joined this swap BECAUSE it had a nice long lead-in time. My life is pretty much a mess and am never sure how much time will come up when i can tie. Many days i an just too darn sick to be staring at tiny things. And the days i feel good i need to pack in a bunch of other things that are slacking while i am down. So i don't need to be rushing anything and wouldn't ask it of others whom might be in similar surcumstances. So take what time you honestly need.