Fly Tying
Travis Bille

Pet Hair Swap

Okay, I'm back from Wisconsin. I got mybadhabits flies.

I have yet to hear from SSC. I'm going to give him two days and then I'll consider him a no-show. Extras will go to project healing waters.

And thank you guys for your support. My grandpa died after battling pretty severe and rapid onset Alzheimer's disease. We have a very widespread danish family, and everyone came out of the woodwork for the funeral. It ended up being quite a bit of fun.

And I brought my 3 at and knocked the sunfish dead on the lake we were staying at.

If you need a last minute substitute, I already have a bunch of Ausable Wulffs tied using Irish Terrier hair. I was anticipating the next pet hair swap and jumped the gun.

My trip to the Keys first week in June was a cloudy blow out thanks to the first tropical depression Andrea forming the day I got there. Didn't get to use any of my bonefish ties at all. Hopefully I will get to go to the Smokies for trout late August and try out some pet hair creations.

In my hurry to get the flies out, I forgot to include what pet my flies were tied with on the toe tag.

The bodies were dubbed with Irish Terrier hair.

Here's one of the donors

post-47808-0-07847800-1372806935_thumb.jpg

Beautiful dogs the GP's. Big too. . .big flies? Got any extra hair to send along?

If you want some I have plenty about every week, she sheds like crazy and gets brushed at least 2-3 times a week. Let me know how much you want and I can get it off to you in a week.

Blane

Steiners flies have arrived and I have them all sorted! This weekend I will try to put up pictures and update the tyers and pets, and I'll ship them on Monday.

This swap far exceeded my expectations.

Cool cant wait to check these out, Travis- i used your fly that you tied for the Opening Day Swap today worked very well, i used it as a my dropper fly and used Riffles Dry fly from the Lifecycle swap - great combo