Fly Tying
Travis Bille

Pet Hair Swap

Yeah i plan on attempting to tie up some of those for my next trip to Lower Mtn Fork River, those trout love em. I think i can figure out what materials it uses but that fly is pretty chewed up.

Flies have arrived. Very impressive collection. Sure hope things work out for me to get to North Carolina next month.

In the meantime I'm going to try and trick some ditch tarpon with a couple like Abigails gotcha.

Thanks Travis for setting this all up.

Just got my set in today too, nice set of flies.

Saltybum- please send me pic of the fish you catch with Abigails Gotcha that would be cool, taking care of an 8 month old slows down fishing even when i can make it to the coast.

Dr Vette- that fly looks amazing

Travisbille- nice fly and thanks for hosting

I got mine on Thursday, just hadn't posted it is all. Great looking flies, left me feeling rather sloppy about mine. :)

Blane

I got mine Saturday great tying by all I can't wait to try out that abagail streamer on the smallies with Steve Dr. vette yours went right into my glass case reserved for special items its right next to a realistic mayfly I tied thanks for hosting Travis I look forward to it again soon

Good to hear guys! Dr vette's fly was really the outstanding one in the bunch. Even my wife was amazed by it and she usually rolls her eyes at my tying obsession.

Thanks Dr vette!!

I know pics are a pain to post, I have done a grand total of one and messed it up, can someone post a pic of Dr. Vette's fly? Dr. Vette what type of snake was it?

I got my flies last Monday...Just too busy (and then lazy) to post. I thank you for the kind words but i KNOW that that was not one of my better creations. I tried a bunch of things to make them look better but time was running out to try any more. If any of you have suggestions on how to make this "thing" look better PLEASE tell me. I started out trying to make a stone fly nymph, but the eyes (which i made as small as i am able to) made it look more like a damsel nymph. I think it might look better if i tied it in all black with just a little silver or grey to accent it, but i am having trouble finding good biots to get that pointy look in the feet and have nothing at all in black...YET. I didn't want to send them because they are not up to my scrutiny, but i had nothing else to send after MANY hours of trying and tying.

George, probably my last snake i think, is a Madagascar Ground Boa. I have had her since she was about the size of a night-crawler and now, 10 years later, she is almost seven feet long and about twenty some pounds. She is stronger than i am now after the chemo knocked me down, But she is usually very nice and calm...untill feeding time. I am running out of sources for large rats every other week so she will probably be on small rabbits in few months. These are also called Dummerill boas when crossed with ??? but George is a pure bread high pink. They are the easiest snake to raise and seldom hit 9 feet in length. If you want a great pet look into them. Far easier and more forgiving than red-tails. Much nicer to interact with than any python. If they were easier to bread they would be the best choice for the pet world. And George at least likes to brumate (akin to hybernate but still moves regularly) from Oct. till April....Almost 6 months of no feeding, only light cage cleaning 3 or 4 times, and no worrying about. What other pet lets you get away with that?

Travis, THANK-YOU for hosting this. It was a GREAT idea to get people to try something "different".

I've been meaning to post pics but now I'm working 50+ hours a week with a one year old daughter, buying a house, playing in a band, tying, fishing, and playing soccer. And I wonder why I can't find any time haha. I plan on posting pics of all the flies!