Fly Tying
Travis Bille

WARNING- Scammer making the rounds on FF forums

If I told you all I was a school teacher (middle school even) would that make you feel bad enough for me to send me free stuff?

I gave my middle school teachers lots of "stuff"! Trust me, you wouldn't want it.

Nate:

Like I tell my Sister who teaches. Shae gets paid and get's all summer off and every holiday. In you case I see the entire summer off for fishing on days with no one in sight. I usually start running about that time as something has been thrown and heading in my direction:). Yeah, I quess when you take middle school into consideration I might send you some chennile. lol

If I told you all I was a school teacher (middle school even) would that make you feel bad enough for me to send me free stuff?

I don't know Nate...I have always had problems getting the psychiatrists to stay in the box.

I almost got fooled by this said person last year but his syory didnt stick to well and stopped responding to him and have not heard since. He is a certified POS alright that dwells on sympathies.

Hi All

I am well aware of this turd - i have been dealing with his scams for the past two months. I am the Project Healing Waters Program Lead at Quantico, and "Scott" has been trying to scam gear and $$$ from the businesses and individual supports of the Quantico PHWFF Program.

"Scott Martin" is a vet (which makes this worse) but he is a SCAMMER, he lives in Virginia, and has attempted to reach into all the Fly Fsihing related forms for his scams. He has also reached out directly to vendors as well!

If you have any other questions please contact me at

[email protected]

Marty Laksbergs, USMC Ret.

PHW Program Lead Quantico

Okay, herein lies the problem. Not that long ago I bought a rod from Scott. I bought a reel from Scott. I bought another rod from Scott. All of those items are sitting in my possession right now, the prices were fair and the shipping did need a prompting but was done. On another site I did defend Scott and that site discourages strongly naming names and placing tags on people so the thread was altered so as not to name him.

Now that I read more about the many things he's done to others I can only say I guess I was very lucky and had honorable transactions with him, something many didn't. I think I can verify that he is a vet, has been and is being treated for PTSD, is taking college courses, and has or lost a daughter to cancer. Beyond that, guess he just has let way too many people down, or scammed too many charitable organizations too have anyone defend him anymore (like me). I have a good cyber friend who also knows Scott and he either has also been duped to or verified Scott's status to me.

I almost feel bad now that the purchases I made from Scott came out so well and such good quality items I bought reading about other's woes. Maybe my karma was just good at that time, or the stars were aligned, but I will no longer defend Scott on any board, and probably would not take another chance on a purchase from him either.

Nick...Bassman on some other boards I know you guys frequent also.