Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Pair of matched 6wt Streamer rods

This is a pair of matched rods for streamer fishing on the East coast. Blanks are Quickline series blanks which are really becoming one of my favorites due to being super light, very quick action without being overly fast, yet cost 1/3 what comparable blanks cost for this quality. Reel seats are burl wood set in titanium Lemeke hardware, guides are SF minima, grips are exotic corks turned a tad undersized on the OD, wraps are Gudebrod classic twist (CP'ed) with full metallic gold trim band.

johnk1.jpg

johnk2.jpg

johnk3.jpg

johnk5.jpg

johnk4.jpg

That burgandy and gold reminds me of the first graphite rod i ever got. I can't remember who made that and i gave it to the Boy Scout camp above San Isabel in a batch i scrounged together YEARS ago. I was gathering any and all rods (any style) i could get for them untill the economy tanked and they drastically cut down their operation up there.

Your builds always look so clean and perfect...

Beautiful rods, what is the overall length? I was looking at the Quickline 6wt switch as a possible blank for my 2nd rod build. Have you built any rods on the Quickline Switch blanks? Do you have any opinion on them? Thanks

Beautiful work as always. I love my 9' 8 wt Quickline, and am planning to build a 9' 6wt Quickline this summer. You are right -- for the price, I don't think there's anything else out there that beats them. The dark red and gold on the black blank looks great -- I'll have to remember that. :)