Fly Tying

As someone based in UK I found it was as cheap to buy my Jvice with custom colour and jaws than it wad going to be to buy an imported renzetti. I didn't request a wooden base instead I had a desk stand which screws into my tying bench. Love mine.

I have looked into them using the link posted above. Also, Wasatch Custom Tools offers them with their own base. You can google them and see the price and options. I have also been drooling over this vice for some time but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks for the free add for the base Paul. I was going to post a picture of your vise when I saw this forum. Then when I panned down, there it was...LOL

Doug Stout

As I told you before, that's a sweet vise/base combo, Paul. Thanks for sharing again.

Since the OP's question has been answered, any others want to share a pic of their Jvice?

I'm liking that, Piker. So many options with a Jvice.

More droolin'

Thanks for the free add for the base Paul. I was going to post a picture of your vise when I saw this forum. Then when I panned down, there it was...LOL Doug Stout

LOL, no problem Doug, I'm here for ya man!

As I told you before, that's a sweet vise/base combo, Paul. Thanks for sharing again.

Thanks Bugs, I appreciate it!

My darling. Photo courtesy of the man Jay.

Beautiful vise PIker!

Jay has brought up a new model after I ordered my original goose neck version, new SalmonHead version is a bit cheaper and actually quite affordable! 140$ vs. 80$ makes a difference, IMO. SalmonHead 80$ + ProJaws 129$ and base of your choice, Desk Stand seems to be 65$.

Here's the link to the order form PDF http://www.jvice.com/images/ordering/OrderFormUS$.pdf

And here's the link to the goods.. http://www.jvice.com/pages/ordering.html

Yes, many options with Jay. That's why there is no simple answer to the OP's question. I also find it rare to see two Jvice setups that look the same.

Yes, many options with Jay. That's why there is no simple answer to the OP's question. I also find it rare to see two Jvice setups that look the same.

That's what swung Jay for me. The price was comparable to Renzetti and only little more than Peak but it is a more bespoke vice rather than a mass produced item.