Fly Tying
Bubba_Da_Man

What music do you listen to while fishing?

Traveling to the my fishing spots. In the car. It depends on what I feel like listening to a the time. It could be some kind of metal, or jazz. I have very varied music tastes

Good choices steeldrifter. For me , its Van Morrison or Mark Knopfler but not while fishing.

I usually take my 7 year old son fishing with me. There is no need for music. The wonder and excitement that comes from a seven year old is better than anything on the radio. Now when we go to the lake for some r and r that is a different story. In that case Willie Nelson, Robert Earl Keene, Chris Knight, Tom Petty, Jimmy Buffett (old stuff Brahma Fear, etc.), and if the mood hits a little Billy Squire.

None......I go fish'n to get away from all the normal hub bub and to listen to nature.

I thought fishing was all about communing with nature. There's plenty of time to listen to tunes at home - the last thing I want to hear out there is canned music. In the car it's a different story. It's the last great Rock 'n' Roll band.

Amen!

Pretty much the only time I don't listen to music is when I fish, surprisingly enough. On a rare occasion I will bring my ipod when I fish a lake from my pontoon, but even that's pretty rare.

however, I do have a few songs that I ALWAYS listen to on the way to fish.

1. "Catalina" by Descendents

2. "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" by Primus

3. And if I'm going steelhead fishing, I always listen to the album Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. With songs like "Sultans of Swing" and "Down to the Waterline", it's the perfect soundtrack.

however, I do have a few songs that I ALWAYS listen to on the way to fish.

2. "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" by Primus

Classic. If I'm traveling to my spot alone then it's definitely loud and hard. But once I hit the water Mother Nature takes over.

Well that and the voices in my head.

I usually don't listen to anything while I'm fishing because I haven't found a song that can replace the sound of nature and I am usually in black bear country. I do listen to music sometimes if I am at one local creek because I like to fish the huge pool below a waterfall but the roar of the fall will drive you nuts after a while. I listen to a variety of things from CCR, Tom Petty, Led Zeppelin, Queen and a lot of other classic rock plus some old country like Waylon and the Johnny's ( Cash and Paycheck) and I can't forget to mention Hank Williams Sr. I have found that my casting changes as the music randomly changes... If a song like "The Rain Song" by Zeppelin is playing then I cast at a slower pace and seem to fish closer to me but if something like Nickleback or Judas Priest comes alive in the ear-buds then the line sort of goes into light-speed mode and the far reaches are then obtained. I also have considered that the few times that I moved on up the creek above the falls and kept listening to music that the people on the trail beside the creek must think that I am a total jerk. The trail is usually busy with hikers and bikers and a lot stop to watch you fish and then yell down to you and question you about your luck. If I am jamming-out and not hearing them and not responding and them not seeing the tiny things in my ears .......

All before fishing- Spoon, Yonder Mountain String Band, Phish, Primus, Rolling Stones - pretty much any classic rock, bluegrass, or indie rock music. I occasionally listen to some TX country music as well.

I really enjoy the peacefulness of fishing and getting away from work and the rest of the world. But I think it's cool to do what you enjoy.

Ok, but disc golfer you are in the salt. I guess I do listen when I fish in the gulf from a boat. Steely Dan and country rock. Kind of old school.

On a stream, alone, I am always aware of my surroundings. That's what my Argentina model Colt 45 is for. It gets wet and takes a beating but I keep it functional.