Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kirk Dietrich

Epoxy finish comparisons

Peterjay is the most interesting man in the world

LMAO - there are a lot of folks in the law enforcement field who would agree with that statement - at least they've maintained a great deal of interest in my activities over the years.

How're ya doing Scott? I'd better get on the stick and warn the guys here to hang onto their wallets. If you're online this time of the day, I guess the panhandling business must be pretty slow down at the bus station. You oughta fit right in with the rest of the riffraff in the saltwater section here.

Hi Peter I found your secret hideout with all these heathen fly flickers...oh wait I like flies too :)

Nice poppers here. I could see a few bloofish slammin these.

Ive been kind of M I A with work and personal stuff going on but I was glad to stumble on this thread today.

Kirk: Glad to see you got around to starting your project. Very awesome stuff!

For the rest of this thread.. HILARIOUS. Since I haven't been around much its evident that PJ is taking a lot of heat. Its deserved :-)

For the rest of this thread.. HILARIOUS. Since I haven't been around much its evident that PJ is taking a lot of heat. Its deserved :-)

That's nothing - you should see the way my enemies treat me. We're just killing time until Kirk gets done with his tests, and as you well know, some of these dudes are dangerous when they get bored. The fact that they would choose to heap unwarranted abuse on a gentle, soft-spoken lad like myself is a good indication that we're a long way from universal mental health in this land of ours, particularly in the states of Michigan and Florida.

Kirk:

I use wire bent in to a J or I use old hooks. It lets me handle the foam easly when I paint, dip or store them. I will hang them from bead chain or on the sided of plastic tubs. For the soft foam bodies I have been using my Dremel tool to pre-drill the body for where I slide in the hook. It is better to drill them first before you paint. I was never that great at the slit cutting even with a jig. I never can get the seam to close completely or evenly. Also, If I am going to use the center hole I will poke a hook through it before I paint so you don't get the little white foam piece that comes out of the hole when you push the hook through it. All of the ones with material on them have been mounted after they were painted and before I coated them. I like that you don't see the thread and they look cleaner.

Brad

Damn Brad, those are nice. I particularly like the popper with the angle below the cupped face. To close the slot, I just hold it closed and hit with accelerator. Man, those are nice bugs. I do like the tail tied on with the thread wraps hidden.

Kirk