Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For August

The theme for August is your choice of either a Mayfly or a Caddis fly pattern. You are free to choose any stage; nymph, adult, spinner, etc.

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister - Tied Down Caddis

2. Jolly Red - CDC & Elk - Received

3. Dreamcaster - Received

4. Famill00 - Received

5. Homer35805 - Emerging Caddis - Received

6. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Received

7. Fshrmanms - Received

8. Xrayts - X2 Caddis- Received

9. Gravy Train -

10. Ratzn - Received

11. Crackleback -

12. Bassbugn - Caddis Pupa

The pattern for August is either a May Fly Pattern or a Caddis Fly Pattern. Your choice. And Xrayts will be joining us beginning in August. Looking forward to seeing his work.

BB

I am interested in getting into these swaps, but I have a question, would I have to participate in every swap, or could I choose the ones I want? Living in Florida, I don't tie or use caddis patterns ( although they may work well here).

Thanks for your interest, Acesover. The problem is that this is a swap club, which means that guys sign up at the beginning of the year to tie a set of flies each month for the year. That means that it is a closed group unless someone drops out. If you would be interested, I can put you on a waiting list in case someone else drops out. However, if you will watch the swap forum, there are new swaps starting up all the time. There are two swap clubs going at the present time and they both have the words "swap club" in the title. I host one and Riffleriversteelheadslayer (Riff) hosts the other one. Any of the other swaps would be a one-time swap and you would always be welcome to join any of them.

Take care

Breambuster

Thanks for the reply and the offer! Don't think that is what I want to do right now. I would like to see pics of the flys, is that possible?

BB,

Please send me the swap addy. I will be sending them out this week. I tried to send a PM but your inbox is full.

Thanks

We have received flies from Jolly Red and Homer and both sets are NICE! Many a 'gill will fall victim to these two sets of flies, count on it!

Thanks guys

BB

OK, we received THREE sets of flies today but I have some catching up to do first.

We have received Radtz's set of flies and they are very nice. The 'gills will think so, also, I'm sure! Radtz, are you still needing to drop out? I don't have anyone on the replacement list and will need to start a search from scratch if you're interested. Acesover was looking for a one-time swap and isn't interested in joining a swap club. Let me know, Radtz, what you want to do.

We have also received flies from Xrayts and I can't wait to put these over a waiting 'gill. Super job, there, Xrayts. Sorry to be late in acknowledging that they had arrived.

OK, now for today's 3 sets.

First, we have received some very creative foam mayflies from Fshrmanms! I expect the 'gills will have fun chasing them.

Next, we have received some super mayfly nymphs from Dreamcaster that we are all going to enjoy fishing.

And last, but not least, Riff has sent in some really nice caddis flies that are going to drive the 'gills crazy! Thanks Paul. As always, a job well done.

Take care, guys.

BB