Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rolsen

Something for the missy...

What a waste of good feathers. Only kidding (well half and half) lovely ear decorations.

Feather jewelry has been around for quite a long time. Not the best use of good feathers but women will buy them for whatever reason.

What is the center feather in the first two?

I think golden pheasant from high on the back, right behind the green neck feathers, but now I'm curious too. And this is a good way to lose alot of really expensive/ hard to shoot feathers... not that I know from experience, but all her friends are going to want earrings with full mallard curls in them....

I thought I'd figured out the back feather, but I was wrong. I know women that would love these, not one of which is my other half.

Blane

looks like the inside feather is lady amherst tippit dyed green or blue then a golden pheasant back feather and to top it all off a reeves pheasant tippit

I swear the top feather is the most exotic of feathers... a Merriams turkey feather tip, or if we're getting really wild, an Ocellated turkey...

I made just a few pairs and to prevent further inquiries I said the price tag is 630€ + taxes per pair :D I know missys friends would love these too, but no go for me.

First two pairs are made of Lady Amherst Pheasant, blue feathers from wings, green from back. The red feather is from lower back, under the yellow tipped ones. (http://www.yournaturephotos.com/oneadmin/_files/photogallery/031ab_lady-amherst-pheasant.jpg) Third is from kingfisher, so, quite common feathers - I wouldn't waste any exotic ones on these :P

LOL @ you guys and the Feathers...I'd get my Wife a pair or two just to keep her off my back the next time I go to a Fly Shop or when I make a new home for some custom FlyRod :D

LOL @ you guys and the Feathers...I'd get my Wife a pair or two just to keep her off my back the next time I go to a Fly Shop or when I make a new home for some custom FlyRod biggrin.png

Hey, that sounds like a plan :D

Happy wife, happy life.

A little token of affection that goes a long way when you inform her that you spent another $60 on a chunk of chicken skin.

$60 on a chicken is nothing, Gdubyasmith just admitted he builds an entire home for each new rod. Now that's extravagant.

$60 on a chicken is nothing, Gdubyasmith just admitted he builds an entire home for each new rod. Now that's extravagant.

My wife would require much more than a few earrings to smooth that one over.