7.mybadhabit -Received
8.breambuster -Received
9.fshrmanms -Received
10.vicrider-Received
11.Flywhiteguy -
12.Dezod -Received
13.RRSS -Received
14.Margaretann -

I saw a new pattern (to me at least) that I'd like to attempt. A stealth bomber fly. Seeing as it's new, the bomber will probably look like some of the ordinance has gone off inside of it.

Guys that tie these: do you use a cutter/template or just freehand the foam?

I feel like I'm going to be building a cutter today at some point to keep them in the ballpark of being consistent.... Not that they will be...

I'm going to attempt some soft foam bass poppers that I'm attempting to paint with a copic air brush. Since I'm no artist they may not look as fabulous as I'd like them to be so be forwarned for a masssacred paint job, but the tails will be stellar.

Blane

I've been looking at that copic system, seems pretty cool, can't wait to see how it turns out.

How do you like it so far?

Making some hand carved balsa poppers. Since its July, the color scheme will be red, white and blue.

Doing some small foam poppers colors TBD...

C

Picked up a copic air brush yesterday, and almost got the poppers all painted, just gotta put the red on them then the eyes and then coat with SH then they will be done.

Nate, the copic system is fantastic, it's so easy, but buy them on ebay and not a craft store, you'll only spend 1/2 as much on ebay. They run about $70 on ebay vs $150 at Michael's. I would in no way consider myself an artist, but they turned out pretty good for a first run.

Blane

today brought 2 sets of poppers one a very patriotic set of stars and stripes from Jolly red and the other a very innovative popper by Piker that got me thinking about doing some a ton bigger for Pike and Musky I like that hook Idea and I have some spinner wire I can form into shafts great Idea Colin

Cheers. As you say its spinner wire through the body and I lashed 30lb braid to that with the hook hinging so you have a small hook which I prefer but hopefully don't loose the hooking ability.

Looking at the list on first post, I fear I might have sent you two flies too few??

For all swappers, please remember to send July's flies to RRSS not Mybadhabit!!!! He lives in Michigan, I live in Dallas, DON'T SEND THEM TO DALLAS!!!!!!!

Blane