Fly Tying
Ebrant10

instagram

Instagram is becoming more and more popular for fly fisherman and fly tyers, im just wondering if anyone here posts pictures there also? My screen name is ebrant10 there also.

Evan

Is that the one owned by Facebook? Think I read here in UK a big row over them using peoples images with no permission given. Women were seeing there faces appear on adverts and the like.

I've tried Facebook and Twitter and they are just useless places for ME. I doubt instagram would much be any different. Teenagers must get it but I don't.

I'll stick with working on my blog

I've tried Facebook and Twitter and they are just useless places for ME. I doubt instagram would much be any different. Teenagers must get it but I don't.

Fishing websites & forums is as social I get also! dry.png

Is that the one owned by Facebook? Think I read here in UK a big row over them using peoples images with no permission given. Women were seeing there faces appear on adverts and the like.

Watermark your pics. Just like a copywrite for the net.

LMAO as if a second grader couldn't remove a watermark

COPYRIGHT

if somebody want to use your foto, a watermark or COPYRIGHT is not going to stop them. i will tell you that from experience!

I know if you upload all of your pictures to Google+ albums, there is an option in settings that supposedly won't let anyone download the photo's to remove the watermark.

I am on instagram, PredatorFlyOutfitters it is like Facebook without games :) Very nice for sharing pics without a lot of the peripheral stuff that is on Facebook. I think it is the most user friendly social media service. No need to come up with pithy status updates or tweets. Post the pic, maybe add a comment and add a couple hashtags, will also crosspost to several other sites like Facebook, Twitter and Flickr if you want it to. i think it is a great place for a social media rookie to get their feet wet.

instagram had a policy that would allow them to license your photos to advertisers but there was a tremendous backlash and that policy was removed.

I gave up on watermarks and when i post photos of flies I put them on one of my decals for the background.

I like instagram! I had it on my last phone, haven't gotten around to getting on new one. Will probably do that and add everyone who is also on it.

The whole copyright thing has been beat to death on this site and many others. At the end of the day if you are worried about stuff getting stolen dont post it. Not really many ways around it or ways that cant easily be defeated.

We're on Instagram. @flyfishfood

If you're not on instagram, you're missing out on some good content across the board. I think a lot of people prefer it over FB due to the lack of (mostly) political or whining type posts. Pure pics and you can filter to the major hashtags #flyfishing, #flytying

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="switch10" data-cid="558001" data-time="1373817574"><p>I know if you upload all of your pictures to Google+ albums, there is an option in settings that supposedly won't let anyone download the photo's to remove the watermark.</p></blockquote>

<br />

Anybody can use the "print screen" button on the keyboard to copy the photograph and then bring it into a top notch photograph processing software and do whatever they want to do with it

Don't believe it?

http://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=e2_kUeq8GPje4AP4sYHADQ&q=removing+watermarks&oq=removing+water&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0l5.4923.12919.0.19678.15.10.0.5.5.0.263.1260.2j7j1.10.0....0...1c.1.19.mobile-gws-hp.SX621PRj8Rw