Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
coinman66

Smallmouth Pic

Didn't know where to post this exactly. Caught this guy last year during July, under drought conditions. Very small creek. Deepest holes are only 4 feet. He must have lived his whole life in this little creek. Between 18" and 19" and fat. He must have been gorging himself on minnows.

post-23191-0-01417400-1375897606_thumb.jpg

post-23191-0-18481000-1375897635_thumb.jpg

Nice smallie from tiny water!

Nice fish - you just never know where something big will turn up. A smallmouth over 18" is a really good fish no matter where it comes from.

That is a nice bass. There is a little creek here in Michigan just about that size, and it, too, produces smallies like that one on a regular basis. I've never seen anything like it. To look at it, you would think it was just another little nothing creek with maybe a few chubs or suckers or maybe the odd carp in it, but I have been catching big bass there for years. I don't tell ANYONE about it. I only recently took my son there, and I swore him to secrecy so effectively that he wouldn't even tell his mom where we went. Good boy. :)

That's a fatty for a stream fish. I fish a few small streams here in NW Arkansas. It's amazing how decent a fish you can pull out of some tiny holes.