Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Sculpin Helmets in bulk

I have been working on something for the past several months and I am close to making it happen. Instead of the normal 6-8 Sculpin Helmets in a package for $5 or more I am looking into offering them in packs of 25. As of right now I am looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $12.95 per pack of 25 which will include free postage within the us.

Looking at a large online retailer for 25 of the large size they would cost 98 cents each, the small size is around 80 cents each with postage. At my price they would be around 50 cents each.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I think nearly all of the Fish Skull products are flash-in-the pan fads that will be swept into the dustbin of history before too long, so you might not want to invest too much in stock. Unless someone introduces some "killer" pattern that everyone MUST have that incorporates the Sculpin Helmets, the fad will fade before too long. Their articulated shanks were much more promising, but now that I have heard from several sources that they bend too easily, I'm beginning to wonder about them as well...

YMMV.

Yeah skulpin helmets big brown trout crack, these will come with the stick on eyes? Use a lot of the flymen company products from shanks to wire. Here is an intruder after about 4 very angry king salmon, notice the shank is not bent in any way like someone mentioned and i was running 20 lb fluoro lol! What is bent tho is the intruder wire which i can just bend back to shape. Hmmz stocking shanks and wire at the same place would be handy! Btw those coloured octopus hooks are indestructible and extremely sharp.

post-29540-0-65346900-1379428091_thumb.jpg

The Fish Spines seem to be much more "bendable" than the Articulated Shanks, but that doesnt concern me cause I never use a rear hook with the Spines

Majority of the reported problems are probably with the longer shanks. The shorter ones are less of an issue, I imagine. Either way, all of these products strike me as gimmickry, and a passing fad. I find it hard to believe that these sculpin helmets are ever going to be as popular as plain cones and unless you can get the price in the same neighborhood, what would be the point? YMMV.