Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigdewy

Allen Fly Fishing Hooks 50% Off Today Only

Just got an email from Allen Hooks "Deal of the Week". All hooks 50% off today 9/30 only. Use code DOTWHOOK50. $25 prediscount minimum order.

These are great hooks for the regular price. I just made an order even though I don't really need them. Just can't resist at the 50% off price. Fantastic company and custom service.

I couldn't help myself either, 300+ hooks for under $20 with free shipping. Can't be beat. Even though I just spent money at the fly shop this weekend.

I wasn't planning on ordering any more hooks for a few weeks until I saw it on facebook. 5 minutes and 15 bucks later.....

Anybody who has ordered from allen before, what does "awaiting shipment" mean? Does it mean that they are waiting for a shipment of hooks? Or does it mean my order is ready, just waiting to be shipped out?

I order from them all the time, it means that your order is awaiting shipment, you will get another email within 48 hrs saying that your order has been shipped and you should get your hooks within 7 business days from them. They are quick to respond to any customer service inquiries and if anything is wrong with yourprder they WILL make it right. One of the best fly fishing vendors out there.

Got my hooks this morning and I am impressed, especially with the barbless.

Yep... The barbless are some of the best hooks available anywhere.

Got my hooks here in Norway yesterday, looking forward to putting them to the test!

My hooks arrived today. The barbless jigs are awesome. Easily as good as any of the ones I've had from 'premium' manufacturers.

I bought some of the jig hooks on impulse to reach the required amount to qualify for the discount. Any suggestions on patterns to try? I've heard some use them for beadhead nymphs.

I bought some of the jig hooks on impulse to reach the required amount to qualify for the discount. Any suggestions on patterns to try? I've heard some use them for beadhead nymphs.

Here are some ideas that Curtis and I have been kicking around. Scroll down to see the little stonefly that I have been using lately.

http://www.flyfishfood.com/2013/08/tying-on-jig-style-hooks.html

Cheech

Yeah I'm new to the jig hook too and I'm loving them more and more for fishing. Yep bead heads are an obvious choice as the bead will ensure it fishes point up. I use slotted beads as they sit a bit more asthetically on the jig hooks but for fishing normal beads are fine.

I tie some of my flies with the top and bottom orientated so again it looks right when the hook sits point up but not sure the fish care. I try to tie in materials that will pulse or swim nicely with the jigging action the hooks give.

Here are some ideas that Curtis and I have been kicking around. Scroll down to see the little stonefly that I have been using lately.

http://www.flyfishfood.com/2013/08/tying-on-jig-style-hooks.html

Cheech

Do you have a SBS/recipe for that crawdad pattern. Alter the colours and that will be killer in the salt.