Fly Tying
tctrout

October Flies from the Vise

Do you guys not use blue and silver much? Its a classic combo for UK Seatrout. Like the red one best proportion of wing and beard look very good.

Don't have much blue around :) Just started going after seatrout, so I would need to go and get me something blue

Some Green Butt Speys I cranked out today, blue eared pheasant for the hackle, arctic fox for the hair wing. llama fur dyed red for the tag.

post-45233-0-37320600-1382485587_thumb.jpg

post-45233-0-77913300-1382485659_thumb.jpg

post-45233-0-13784400-1382485750_thumb.jpg

Looking good Corey! Next ones you should try body hackle from 3rd rib and add throat :)

Killer-800-480x389.jpg

Looking good Paul! Keep it up.

Oldie but a Goody, Partridge & Orange:

And a video tutorial here: http://www.flyfishfood.com/2013/10/addicted-to-good-soft-hackle.html

Love those classics! Simple yet, very cool.

Some Green Butt Speys I cranked out today, blue eared pheasant for the hackle, arctic fox for the hair wing. llama fur dyed red for the tag.

Sweet speys!!

Come on Ben, when we going to see some of these monsters hanging in a Pike/Musky? I've got 5 months of the frozen north now to look forward to and a bit of fish envy is needed.

Its cooling off fast here in MI too. Luckily some of the biggest Musky is in some of the worst fishing conditions in October/November. The problem..its also hunting season for me. Too many hobbies not enough time?? lol

We will see how it goes! If its not a big picture of a musky I am hoping it will be a Tarpon in a couple months.

Thanks' Shaun...

Harvey approached me a while back at the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset NJ and asked if I wouldn't mind posting some of my meanderings...

It's turned into a curious collection and I still post when something nice happens and the camera likes what it sees...

F70A1490_zpsedb60132.jpg

FYI:

Jay Smit (Jvise) is making plans to attend the International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset this November...

He'll be in the running for the "longest airplane ride to attend" award and will have some interesting tools to show off...

Look for us at Faruk Ekich's booth (Ultimate Bobbin)... I'll be their "caddy" and "go-fer"...

Cheerz

Love that vice! Very interesting.