Fly Tying
Simplejack

Post your Woolly Buggers and woolly worms

Started fly tying last month and been doing a whole bunch of woolly buggers and worms. I would like to see everyone's woolly buggers and worms.

Post them here, I know you have some or can tie some. Show your best or just show what you have tied.

Doesn't have to be pretty, but the more images the better. Different styles and colors give us all new ideas on tying this fly.

Little touch of blue. Color doesn't really match up, but I tied it anyway biggrin.png The head could be a little better, but whatever rolleyes.gif

post-50719-0-03740000-1384671240_thumb.jpg

You know, even with my name I don't have a lot of photos of the buggers I tie.. But here's one with my go to olive bugger with copper bead and wire.. I prefer dubbing body's as opposed to chinille, and whitings buggers packs are the best hackle you can get for empost-45335-0-40462300-1384614070_thumb.jpg

this is a woolie type fly, I used a #8 hook, and dumbbell eyes, pike love this

sept5_zps4f390865.jpg

this is a #4 Pike Woolie Bugger

7ba221dd-8696-4661-8892-92c35f4b6037_zps

and here is one I use for smallies # 8-10 cone head

IMG_0074_zpsa2aced88.jpg?t=1384618922

I tied up a few today for this thread, still the same olive and copper combo (cuz that's all I really use) tied on a tiemco 200R sz. 12

post-45335-0-97266500-1384628386_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me why my pics are constantly loading upside down? I don't get it!!

you can turn them around prior to posting them

I tied up a few today for this thread, still the same olive and copper combo (cuz that's all I really use) tied on a tiemco 200R sz. 12attachicon.gifimage.jpg

For some reason, this picture wont load.

Hello,

Ok, a lot of firsts here - at least it feels that way to me. I've been reading (....so much reading in the archives - I think my skin is 'whitened' from the staying indoors and all the reading!) a lot of the information contained in a couple of the arrears in this website. A 'wealth of information' does not do any justice to what is here, if hidden in past posts - but great to read through.

The 'first' is my responding to a recent post (I think this may be a first to a recent post), and certainly trying to post a picture of a couple of Wooly Buggers that I have. If the picture posts/loads correctly, they are Baker's Hole Buggers. Ok, the one on the right is, the one on the left is my interpretation of it. If the resolution of the picture is good enough ( I wont know until I try this), you should be able to see the quality difference. No doubt it doesn't make a 'hill of beans' difference to the fish, but... to some tiers (sometimes me!) it may.

I don't know if Craig Matthews tied the one on the right or if someone from his shop did but that is where I got it. I can't seem to locate the proper hackle for palmering through the ones I try to construct. Someone suggested to me I should call Matthews himself and I have not done so quite yet. Something to consider in the future.

I think this pattern looks so good in the water. When I first saw it I thought it was a little brown trout in the water. Oh, and my friend had a big brown trout's lips wrapped around it!

BCT

p.s. apologies if this picture didn't post or posted too large

My favorite color combination - it seldom fails

Love the look of this bugger; is the body peacock, a peacock dubbing, or some chenille?

Thanks,

TC