Fly Tying

Anything in particular that you guys got on you Christmas list this year. For me its a spare spool for my sage 1880, some new 5 weight fly line and a pair of waders and boots. What you guys got?

nothing.

The Wife and I were talking about this just a few days ago. I truly have neither need nor want of anything.

I've got the materials I need for at least another year of tying what catches fish for me.

I've got enough rod/reel combos to fish with.

I've got boat, trailer, vehicle and Wife's permission to go as often as I want.

I am very content with my life and all that I have.

The only thing I want for Christmas is fair weather to go fishing in.

If I can't get better weather, then I would like more time to fish and tie flies. This could easily be deducted from time spent at work without violating any physical laws. I hope Santa is listening :-)

Well, I could use a boat, but there's no way my wife will go along with that. Other than that, I'm in much the same situation as mikechell. I have all the toys I need.

I bought a new 2wt. rod from Steve (steeldrifter) and on my list is a new reel to go with it. I've also got a new full brim fishign hat and some rod holders and other gadgets for my fishing kayak on there. Other than that, I think I have everything else I need. Of course any and all fly tying materials are a welcome gift, but most people that know me already know that, so there's no need to put it on the list.

I want to get these last three fly rods out to customers before Christmas..,,pushing it close. Then I want to take my Dad out to flyflsh the Big Horn with me. We haven't done together for years and he has NEVER fished that magical tailwater. I am building him a special fly rod for the occasion as well. So i guess the answer to the question "Whats on my Christmas List?" is.....more time with my Dad.

That's a great and special wish for your list, Nate. And for all you out there, spend time with your parents, whenever you can. It's too late to wish for that after they're gone.

My pop is a motor boating walleye chaser but when the weather gets chilly and the boat is put away I still venture out on to some tailwaters for BIG trout. He taught me to cast a fly rod when I was 11...he sounded pretty wistful when he said he still had his old glass rod in the garage and would go if SOMEONE would ask him. I guess I just assumed it was not for him because he has not gone fly fishing in probably 30 years