Fly Tying
shoebop

Song of the day

16 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

Now you're talkin' about music. "The Wall" is my all time favorite PF album though.

pink?

try this PF tune

I love turning folks on to this that never heard it before.....yes it is Pink Floyd, the album is Meddle, love them all from gates of dawn and ummagumma to animals and division bell.

Edited by xterrabill
add info

5 hours ago, Noahguide said:

I would have to disagree with you Mark- Delicate Sound of Thunder tops the Wall

Although I do love the music from Pink Floyd, the lyrics took a downturn when Rogers left.   I'm with Mark, since a video of concert footage (delicate sound of thunder) can't even begin to compare to "The Wall" ... an actual movie.

LOL  "San Tropez" 😆    First time I heard that song, I thought it was a joke track on the album.  (maybe it was)  Especially when compared to such a great composition ... "One of These Days"

I could never get past rogers being such a head case, well beyond arrogant and concieted. meddle is my favorite late night camping next to a fire in secluded woods album, clare torry on the great gig in the sky has to be my fav PF tune/vocal performance.

did you ever see the "reaction" video's to that song? (by people who have never heard PF before), some are pretty cool, some are BS, I seen one with an Ethiopian guy who never heard rock music in his life, they put good headphones on him and he sorta freaked out/started crying, he never knew such talent/music existed.

"Great Gig in the Sky" is from "Dark Side of the Moon", which IS a great album.  I should restate my appreciation of Pink Floyd.  I love MOST of their music.

Most of "Meddle" is ... what, an experiment in in 1930's music?

And much of "Ummagumma" was too ... acid trip for me.

David Gilmour is a supernatural guitarist.  But he's got the vocal range of a high school musical audition loser.  Roger Waters' voice was a great balance to Gilmour's guitar.  I'm a fan of the music, I don't know ANYTHING about the people themselves.

1 hour ago, xterrabill said:

Clare Torry on the great gig in the sky has to be my fav PF tune/vocal performance.

Agree on Clare, the  original and originator.  But I've got a great affection for Rachel Fury's performance as well, hence Delicate sounds.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, xterrabill said:

I love this one, the unexpected x2, all the way, the whole tune.

I really wasn't ready for how good that was! Nice!

2 hours ago, Pbass said:

wasn't ready

ya cant help but smile when the crowd starts singing along.

------------------------------------

I know this is from 5 years ago but it still puts a smile on my face, if you haven't seen it or don't know the story behind it, please look it up.

29 minutes ago, xterrabill said:

ya cant help but smile when the crowd starts singing along.

------------------------------------

I know this is from 5 years ago but it still puts a smile on my face, if you haven't seen it or don't know the story behind it, please look it up.

That is awesome! I am a total fan of the Foo!  But the bigger impact on me is how much I miss crowding into a concert! This video is refreshing and depressing at the same time. Cant wait until this stuff can happen again.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:17 AM, xterrabill said:

pink?

try this PF tune

I love turning folks on to this that never heard it before.....yes it is Pink Floyd, the album is Meddle, love them all from gates of dawn and ummagumma to animals and division bell.

I'm a bit more partial to "Fearless" on Meddle. I like all of their stuff,but Animals is hands down my favorite.