Fly Tying
shoebop

Song of the day

Modern Viking music. Great to listen to when casting for big pikes.

Good for tying. I used to take an ipod on the water with me, but I found out the hard way that you can't hear the storms coming with headphones on. Could have been bad. Mike, music isn't a guilty pleasure. When I made the switch to digital a broker from Atlanta drove down and picked up my old vinyls. He gave me a cashiers check for $15k, and had to make a 2nd trip because he couldn't fit everything into the back of a van. You don't acquire a collection like that by following a single genre. Good music is good music. I feel sorry for folks that don't get it.

Modern Viking music. Great to listen to when casting for big pikes.

1 ... Mike, music isn't a guilty pleasure.

2 ... You don't acquire a collection like that by following a single genre.

3 ... Good music is good music.

4 ... I feel sorry for folks that don't get it.

1 ... I don't understand the first line ... I feel no guilt about listening to music. I just don't need it, nor do I want it when I am on the water.

2 ... Actually, you could have a thousand album and only have one or two genres represented. But I really don't care how you measure your appreciation of music, it's still an individual taste.

I apologize if I offended your taste in music, but I just don't hear any in grunge rock. Maybe there's more of a musical quality later in the song you posted, but I couldn't get past the first few seconds of guttural screaming.

3 ... There are only two types of "music" I just cannot listen to. What I know of as grunge rock and rap ... neither of which has any musical quality to me.

Again, I am not arguing any point ... just relating my opinion on music.

4 ... And please, don't waste any pity on me, I am not missing a thing.

Nothing wrong with listening to Hot Chocolate while your fly tying, when the song "It started with a Kiss" comes on, just make sure the misses catches you licking & kissing your vise, then you don't have to clean up cos' she won't let you anywhere near the vacum cleaner!:-)

Highwayman - by the highwaymen. Been listening to lots of that, Johnny Cash, and A few other older country/rock performers lately.

Here's some good old country that is a local favorite. Especially to the best man at my wedding who passed away a few months ago. He loved all of Gary Stewart 's songs. After everyone left the grave side, a group of guys sat around telling stories with nothing but Gary playing in the background. Enjoy.

Okeechobee purple.

Gary Stewart.

https://youtu.be/1_CZhIJ5E1I

Linkin Park

Numb

Dang Chester. Another musician bids us farewell.

This happens all too often! RIP Chester. Will certainly be missed by hundreds of thousands.

I don't understand, how being rich and famous sucks so much as to make one commit suicide ???

I've wondered that as well Mike

Who knows maybe, too much pressure to perform, no sense of self. I don't usually listen to music when I tie, and definitely not when I fish. Mostly I listen to it when I'm driving or if I'm at a cabin on a lake after an evening of fishing confounding my fishing buddies with the tunes that pop up. Like you Mike I'm not a rap fan and I don't like opera and only certain types of classical music. Might even have some grunge on my IPod. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music and my friend likes to make CDs for, as she tells me, to expand my musical horizons. We went a couple of weeks ago to see a Brazilian pianist who played Bossa Nova inspired jazz and last weekend saw Asleep at the Wheel. Not sure what's next.