Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
djtrout

how do i put pics in my posts

trying to paste an image into my reply posts. I see the pics others post. I managed to attach a pic file so that a thumbnail shows in the post, but how do I paste the image in the post space?

If you want a large image in the post then there is a box above that will let you do this. However the image must be "hosted" somewhere. That is it must be saved as a file on line somewhere. There are photo hosting web sites that you can use to do this, like photobucket. If you have the photo on another site then you can add it to the post. Here's how...
Addinganimage_zps32cd64ea.jpg
I hope that is clear.
Please remember most images on line are copyright. Unless you have the right to share don't!
Cheers,
C.

Pardon my cyber ignorance but I'm missing some info.

What happens before the select image command? I finish my text in the post I am working on, then I go to the pictures storage

area in my computer, select the image there then proceed as directed?

How? Once I exit the Flytying site, I lose the text if I have not sent it.

A basic bit of info that everyone else knows or intuits is missing for me.

Thanks,

Rocco

If your storing your images on an EXTERNAL site like Photo Bucket or or Image Shack, you have to collect the proper link FIRST. Then highlight and copy (ctrl C,) the link address line into your clipboard. The area is circled in the far right of Crackaig's post. After that information is saved in your clipboard, you start your post or reply. Click on the image icon above, and paste (ctrl V,) the line into your post.

I usually just load my images from my computer.

To do this, you need to click on the More Reply Options tab on the lower right corner of your reply. You can do this before you start or during your post. Clicking the Option tab during the post will open a new window, but your existing text will still be there. Below the text box, you will see an Attach Files Heading next to a paper clip image. Below that is a Choose Files Tab. Clicking on the Tab will open a browse window so you can find the stored file on your computer and select it.

When you do this for the first time, you will see below the Choose Files Tab an option for the advanced uploader. Selecting the advanced uploader will allow you to post multiple images.

post-12074-0-95841800-1388246340_thumb.jpg

Once you have uploaded an image, you will see it in a blue line. To the right side you can click add to post, which will place a "place holder into your post. This will fix the position of your image at that spot in your text. The line is in square brackets []and starts with with the word attachment=.

When you place large size images into a post, they will become smaller snapshots. Any one can then click on them to maximize them.

Large images should be reduced down to 1024 at the largest size before you select them. Use an image editing software to do this. I use Photoscape which is a free download. This packages allows me to adjust the size, crop, and balance the contrast of my images once I load them into my computer from my camera.

Hope this makes sense.

post-12074-0-71645600-1388246792_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I have used the place holder to put two images in this post at fixed locations, and them used the centering icon in the menu above the post editing box to center them.