Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
agn54

little fishies

Here are few I have done recently. If the wind ever dies down to medium roar I hope to get out and lose a few of these to the rocks and trees, and maybe even snag an unsuspecting fish on accident

I wanted something with a bulkier profile, like some of the models Dave gets to pose for his photo shoots

post-18514-0-30926700-1390190050_thumb.jpg post-18514-0-11359200-1390190070_thumb.jpg

One for the darker water. It has skunk, buck tail for the tail, palmered rabbit, and goat for the wing

post-18514-0-18377300-1390190107_thumb.jpg

My attempt at a flatwing

post-18514-0-01107900-1390190214_thumb.jpg

A crafty one

post-18514-0-40422100-1390190242_thumb.jpg

My take on Dave's Money Maker. A bunch of these are heading Down Under for Lil' Dave's swap. That fly just flat out catches fish. The men in white coats must have had Dave medicated on the good stuff when he came up with that one

post-18514-0-06219300-1390190346_thumb.jpg

Looking good Andy. Good luck with the wind - it doesn't stop blowing here until it's time for the greenheads and no-see-ums to hatch. Nature can be a real bitch when it wants to be.

Ah sweet as! Nice work there agn :)

Sweet looking flies Andy, . Some times it just takes a little extra substance to get the job done.

post-27925-0-45219500-1390260751_thumb.jpg

Medical marijuana is now legal in 14 states blink.png

Are the big girls hollow tied? They have a nice torpedo shape.

The purple fish skull fly looks killer. Is the skunk in the body?

Thanks everyone. Dave, your Money Maker is deadly in my area, not just on trout but pretty much everything out there. The chubbies are actually tied with craft fur in a dubbing loop. The tail is two clumps of finn raccoon with a bit of flash between them and then dubbing looped craft fur all the way to the eye. The purple and black one is a tail of skunk topped with a slightly longer clump of purple buck tail topped with a bit of purple krystal flash. Then there is paltered rabbit up to near the eye and then a clump of purple goat tied in as the wing, and then add fish skull.

PJ, it's that tim of year when the wind will only die down during the week when I can't get out. Weekends will be cold, rainy and windy. Luckily this time of year the fishing can really be hit or miss anyway since a lot of our fish get real sluggish in the cold. For me, the worst is March/April when you know the flats are teeming with all sorts of fish begging to eat and you can't get to them because the wind is howling to strong to get out of the river.

Man, I must have never seen Basic Instinct sober, because I have a different memory of that scene. Then again the booze fog may have distorted some of my college memories too

post-18514-0-02981900-1390262825_thumb.jpg

Jeez Andy, you remember college? All I know for sure is that college was a place I occasionally went to to get some rest whenever the band didn't have a gig. I do seem to recall that there were a bunch of us in chairs facing one way, and there was some guy standing up front facing the other way. Wonder what the hell that was all about. Probably some kind of courtroom.

PJ it sounds like you did college the way God and Mother Nature intended. I do miss the band days, playing for beer until the owner cuts us off for running up to high of a tab. Thankfully there were no camera phones and you tube back then