Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SILKHDH

Dubspeed,,,check this out

I stumbled across this gadget. Like a mini dubbing brush table. Thought it was cool. It might have its purpose. A Nor-vise would have this capability if you have the dubbing brush table option. "well sort of" Go to "rodtrip.com" and look at the "Dubspeed" review.

What do you think? I thought some of the techniques he used were interesting too. I think I would use a speed dubbing twister with the ball bearings in it to speed it up a bit. This type of stuff has been done with many other types of c-clamp type tools like the Petitjean "Majic Tool" and the Vosseler "X-pert Tool Clip" but I thought it was different. Buy the way, check out his modified Danvise with the metal jaw holder he has in the video. Took me a while to figure out what kind of vise it was.

post-19822-0-00401800-1390490522_thumb.png

Made me think I should make a skinny little table like that for my Nor vise rather than the big one I was going to make (like the one they sell for $50). These are all variations of the same gag, but with this one you save $300 because you don't have to by the Nor Vise...

another interesting dubbing brush maker but at $63 USD (full kit) plus $10.53 USD shipping from europe, i can make a lifetime of dubbing loops with thread right on the hook

check out what looks like a bent up paper clip twister