Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fish For Life

Brodin Ghost Series bags

Has anyone had any experience with these net bags? Im in the process of buying a bag for the net that i am making and this caught my attention. Im looking at the small size (34" circumference).

Does anyone know of any good online stores that sell just the bag for fly nets. not necessarily the brodin ghost bag, just any small net bag that i could put on my net.

Thanks

Here's another place to try:

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/replacement-nets

I've ordered both the nylon catch and release nets and the ghost vinyl nets. While the ghost nets look cool, they are considerably heavier. The frames I have made are all from branches (Oak, Pine, Manzanita). At some point I will build a more stout frame to mount the ghost nets to, but for mow I prefer the nylon mesh.

I bought a brodin ghost boat net last summer. It is a nicely made net. The bag is very durable and has netted many trout and carp without any issues. I like that hooks don't catch in the rubber nets. They say it is easier on the fish, but I don't have any way to really test that, but I can at least speak for its durability.

I have heard that you can re-net a frame with the ghost net, but the net material has less 'give' than mesh so the frame needs to be pretty stout and some wooden frames that were designed to use a mesh bag might be too flimsy to accommodate the ghost net. The frame on my boat net is pretty rigid. I guess it depends on what frame you are wanting to re-net.